“Good price, excellent staff”

SpringHill Suites Portland Vancouver
Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We stayed here for a wedding in Camas. The location was decent-- a bit far out from downtown, but convenient for where we needed to be. Many restaurants and grocery stores nearby. I was especially impressed by the staff. My friends and I were having breakfast with many small children and the staff opened up one of the empty conference rooms so that we could have a bigger table and the kids could roam around. The little extra steps make all the difference!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary. We got a killer deal on Priceline, so I wasn't expecting much. The room was very nice, with a comfy king sized bed, and the front staff was always so friendly. It was very close to a Fred Meyer, so we were able to get some drinks to keep in the fridge. My only complaints were the time to Portland and the maid service. There was construction on one of the highways to Portland, which the hotel of course couldn't control, but we routinely had to allow an hour to get where we wanted to be in the city. The maid service was quite spotty. I noticed some mildew on the edges of the shower curtain, and our ice bucket was never changed (we came back to melted water and no new liner three out of four nights). But still a great value.

• Stayed: July 2013
AlisonHite, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Portland Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I appreciate your comments and it gives me an opportunity to make sure we are paying attention to the details. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel and we will work with Housekeeping to ensure these items are not missed in the future.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

This Springhill Suites is a normal suburban suite hotel catering to business travelers. Free wi-fi and continental breakfast, etc. I picked it because it's close to the client I'm working with here in Vancouver. Honestly, the property itself is exactly what you'd expect, and there's nothing particularly memorable about the physical building.

It's all about the staff. From the front desk to the housekeeping staff to the gentleman who drove the shuttle van, every single person I encountered was simply a perfect role model for how hotels should behave. Friendly, efficient, knowledgeable...this is the kind of place you find less frequently nowadays. No request is a bother for them. They go above and beyond to make sure the guests are satisfied and comfortable. It's a hotel that makes you feel special, appreciated, and like you're truly the most important guest in the house.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 July 2013

This was a comfortable stop between Seattle and the Oregon Coast. Comfortable accommodations, good breakfast, clean. What impressed me most was the phone call I received within an hour after we checked out. The hotel manager called to tell me that they had found my calendar with important correspondence, including directions to the Oregon Coast. We didn't have time to turn around to go back but he offered to mail everything to me and when I said that I really needed the directions, he scanned/emailed to me 5 minutes after our call ended. The calendar arrived a couple of days later and I was so grateful. After my computer crashed years ago, I continued with 2-year calendars that I carry with me when I travel. My entire life is in it. I am very grateful for this kind of followup and concern. We'll make a point to stay there from now on when traveling in the Pacific NW. Thank you SpringHill Suites!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Convenient location following evening arrival at Portland Airport – easy and quick to get to. Pleasant room and friendly staff. Only problem is limited local eating for those wanting a meal. Fred Meyer convenient to pick up supplies.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I stay here regularly because it is across the street from the office I visit. While it's not a fancy property, everyone is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are big. The included breakfast is simple but also convenient to grab before heading to the office.

My only complaint is that they are typically quite full and I end up with an accessible room on the first floor. The shower is configured such that there is no lip/edge to the shower (and no tub), which results in water all over the bathroom floor. If you don't need the accessibility, request a room on a higher floor.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
AlisonHite, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Portland Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Thank you for your continued support of our hotel. We love our repeat guests! I understand your situation with the accessible rooms. Our front desk has a rolodex with all special requests for our returning guests. The next time you visit our hotel, please tell us all of our requests including floor preference, pillow preference, even your favorite candy bar or drink. You never know when we will suprise you. Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed 22 June 2013

Booked this on Priceline, and were a little concerned because it was such a good deal. We had a spacious suite that appeared to be brand new. Desk staff was very warm and helpful. Breakfast was provided, and it was nothing like your typical motel continental breakfast. There were trays of fresh fruits, and real oatmeal with a wide selection of toppings. Only complaint would be the coffee.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
AlisonHite, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Portland Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge our Great Place to Stay. We hope you had a wonderful mini getaway and you were able to explore the beautiful SW Washington/Vancouver area. Coffee is so important here in the Northwest and we are working on changes to our coffee selection soon. Hopefully you an experience some new and improved java on your next trip. Have a wonderful summer.