“Unbelievable staff”

Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Oakton, Virginia
“Unbelievable staff”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

The staff is the most helpful and curtious staff that I have ever encountered. They would not be out of place at a ritz albeit they may come off happier. The rooms were very clean. Pillows were thick and fluffy. Beds were decently comfortable. However every request I made of the staff was catered to immediately and far beyond anything that should be asked. I couldn't get a rental car so the shuttle acted almost like a private driver. Stay with no one else if you visit here

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank ravensman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Medford, Oregon
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for comfort, price, location, and friendly people--this is it! You can walk to all places - restaurants and stores alike. The rooms are exactly the same in any other Springhill - anywhere! The service is great. Free breakfast. Wish the fitness area was more than 2 treadmills and an elliptical.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank YearoftheRabbit
Willits
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Stayed here in April on a trip to Seattle. I used Priceline this time but I have stayed here before and paid a AAA price. No mention of Priceline and being pre paid, I am not offended by the mention but some folks are. The area offers many choices of food and groceries. There is a Whole Foods across the street. We love to go get food and come back a kick back on the couch, watch some TV and relax. Small sink, refrigerator, microwave & coffee maker in the living room area. Guess if there were more than 2 of us, it might be a bit small but we like it Bathroom is large, sink outside of bathroom but in it's own sectioned off area,not seen from the living room. Beds & pillows super comfy. No problem with getting extra pillows, as I sleep practically sitting up due to sinus issues.
I did have an issue with the shower. The water was either cold or scalding. Very difficult to get it in between. Which meant either shivering or letting out a quick scream when it turned hot. Noticed the little sink in the livingroom had VERY hot water!
The breakfast is very nice. It offers more than just carbs. There were ggs, sausage, yogurt & fruit along with the usual muffins, bagels, & waffle makers. The Breakfast Room attendant (Asian man) was VERY good and attentive. Large area for sitting. Stayed in many areas with breakfast rooms that offer a couple of tables and it can be a pain to find one to eat at. Not here!
The front desk checking in and checking out were friendly and although we know the area well, I heard them offer help to many who were looking for stores, restaurants, bars, etc.
I know it is in a tech business area but we like that there is plenty of things around it, not hard to get back on the highway. Will stay there again.

Green Features: I appreciate ANY hotel who adopts environmental practices. Would have liked separate trash for recycling...I just end up taking it with me, if we are car traveling, not knowing if the hotel recycles.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Nashua, New Hampshire
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

I stay at many SpringHill Suites so I have many to compare against this one and it stacks up well. The staff were very nice, the room was kept very clean and even though I was on the first floor it was very quiet.

The breakfast buffet changed a bit every day which doesn't happen everywhere. While not spectacular it was adequate and had some fresh fruit and yoghurt as well as eggs and meat.

When in the area again I will certainly stay here.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
AlisonHite, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Portland Vancouver, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thank you so much for your comments and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. Sounds like you like the SpringHill Suites brand - it is a very fun and unique brand. Have a great week! Alison
San Jose, California
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The front desk staff was very helpful and courteous. Room typical Marriott room, I do prefer the blue color scheme over the browns. However on the plus is a mini fridge, microwave and a noon check out. Room is clean, sheets were changed at my request. Breakfast was nothing special with the typical offerings. Location is a positive, many dining options close by either a short walk or a short drive.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank shermansj
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Hotel is in an area populated by modern low office buildings with large parking lots. The hotel is a couple of miles off the freeway so traffic noise is not a problem at all. Driving into the area, we noticed a good variety of restaurants; everything from fast food, to sushi, to Mexican or Pacific Northwest etc. Plenty of other businesses nearby too including groceries, banks, pharmacies. All this within an easy walk or a short drive away.

The hotel building and surrounding parking lot was neat and clean. The lobby and the adjoining breakfast area were also neat and clean. The staff was pleasant and courteous. We were greeted upon arrival and whenever we passed them along the hallways. The elevators and hallways were well lit and odour free. The room, a mini-suite was spacious and clean. The sitting area at the front of the room also doubled as a work area. On one side there was a small coffee service area with a microwave, mini-fridge and bar sink.

Further into the room was the sleeping area. The bed was comfortable and the linens were fresh and crisp. Sound-proofing must have been good because the usual noises (e.g. running water, slamming doors, people in hallway, etc.) one hears in hotel rooms, was missing. Actually, we found out next morning that there was a sports meet nearby and lots of tweenies had stayed in the hotel and we heard none of them. The room had wifi and wired internet, both very good to excellent speed and free; I was able to stream a TV show over the wired option without any issues.

Free self-serve breakfast was included. There were hot scrambled eggs and sausage patties, waffle makers, and the usual array of cereals, muffins, bread, yogurt, juices etc. Although very busy, the breakfast area was kept very tidy by a tireless couple of staff members. One in particular, an oriental man, impressed me. I asked him a question about the waffle maker and when the machine “beeped”, he searched me out to let me know the waffles were ready. He moved around the area quickly and efficiently, constantly re-supplying and cleaning without stopping.

We only stayed one night but we were impressed with the overall experience all at a reasonable price. If there is a negative to be had, the breakfast area was quite small for the number of guests. It probably explains the generous breakfast period, 7am – 10am on a Sunday, to help spread out the load but on this particular Sunday morning, it seemed like all the guests decided to show up around 9am and the place was bursting at the seams.

All things considered, the next time I'm in the area, I will definitely look at staying here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank westcoaster14
San Diego
Reviewed 23 March 2014

The property itself is nice, the staff are very friendly (especially housekeeping who do a wonderful job). However the breakfast needs to be redone completely. From the moldy strawberries, stale bread/bagels it was just a serious let down. The challenge we had is that every morning we left feeling unimpressed. The worst thing was the staff themselves were really nice and outgoing which meant this sparse spread was a management decision.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
AlisonHite, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Portland Vancouver, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
I am so sorry our breakfast did not meet your expectations. In the last year we have tried to add more items and selections such as fresh fruit, cold cuts with cheese, greek yogurt. I would love to hear more about what we can do to really wow our guests and make our breakfast memorable. Please contact me when you have time so we can make some of these changes for you. We do care about your breakfast experience and want our guests to see us making improvements.