“Very Good”

Dok Koon Thai Cuisine
Ranked #272 of 724 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 11 May 2013

I took the family there and to our surprise the food was very, very large portion and the staff very friend. Not too expensive

Reviewed 12 December 2012

I spent a month eating my way through Thailand and Dok Koon equals my Thai experiences. The food is always fresh, abundant and delicious. The family who owns the restaurant are friends and available. The service staff is attentive and helpful. Can't brag enough about this excellent place to enjoy superb Thai food!!

2  Thank tilt00
Reviewed 26 October 2012

Great food. We eat here with a lunch group and also visit for dinner occasionally. Salad rolls with fresh tofu (not the fried tofu most Thai places use in their salad rolls) are so good here!
Musselman curry is a tasty, stick to your ribs meal.
Fresh flowers on the table and service is friendly and the cooks are always spot on correct in our orders. We have noticed that the portions have gotten a little smaller in the last few months. They are still bigger than the other places in Vancouver for Thai cuisine. Chicken is really good. No questionable pieces or dark meat and not fatty like I have unfortunately found in lots of other eateries.
Would like to see a kids menu though. Currently only the chicken satay appetizers are really the only 'kid friendly' food there. Would also like Thai iced tea and coffee made with NON-fat half and half instead of regular like you find pretty much everywhere.
I definitely recommend this local gem.

Reviewed 15 August 2012

When the server leaves a pitcher of water saying "You're going to need it" you're off to a good start for the day.

One of my all-time favorites in Vancouver: family owned, excellent service, great food, and perfect prices for a starving student. A few blocks north of Clark and somehow not mobbed by students.

More people need to know, and love, Dok Koon.

1  Thank Justin Z
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I hve been going to Dok Koons for about ten years now. Its always the same faces, the same great food, at the same great prices. I love that they bring in fresh flowers!! Their peanut sauce is perfection, as well as the salad rolls. If you ask for it hot be prepared for what you will recieve!! not for sissys!! Even my husband who doesnt love much more than standard american fare absolutely loves some of their dishes. Im happy to now have two regular thai places to indulge my love for this food here in vancouver.