“No Microwave!”

work
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“No Microwave!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Yes I am a local but I travel to Portland to eat also & this is real food!
Like I said, no microwave and you can tell. Everything is fresh & the 1/2 nacho is large enough I take some home. The Saturday pork special is worth coming in to town for I promise!
I bring customers in here to eat, its that good!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Jennifer H

Campbell, CA
“Go Early for the Specials”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

THE best chips in the world. We were three generations at one table and had the best dinner and time. Our daughter, who had eated there before, was recognized and acknowledge, and we were all welcomed. The food was all delicious. I was fortunate to get the last of the lengua taco. It was absolutely the best tongue I have ever eated. My companions all tried and agreed it was delightfully prepared and tender. The portions are generous, just try not to fill up on the chips and salsa!

• Visited August 2013
brush prairie WA
“Be careful where you sit”
Reviewed 19 April 2013

A great place for chips. They make them on site and they are delicious so charging for them is justified. If you want salsa or guacamole or both, be prepared to shell out about $13.50. Other menu choices are good, although limited. My husband loves Provecho because they don't slather sauce all over everything. Cocktails are pricey.

My beef with Provecho is their obnoxious seating rules, rigidly enforced. If you are a lone diner, and all the two chair tables are full, you will be prohibited from sitting anywhere other than at the bar. This is rigidly adhered to even if a four seat table is open and the place is half empty. Brings to mind a certain episode of Seinfeld. You get the picture.

Last time in, they brought our entire order at once. Chips, salsa and main course. Hhmmmm....menu states every meal is cooked to order. How can that be?
The only thing worse than slow service is to be rushed through a meal, in my opinion.

If you go, order your appetizer first, and wait to order your main course once the appetizer is delivered. Oh, and make sure your chosen seat meets with the approval of the waitstaff manning the door. Line up second graders!

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Jennifer B
Salem, Oregon
“Excellent Meal - Excellent Value”
Reviewed 12 April 2013

OK - I'll admit it right here. I live close by and so you're thinking the guy's got "restaurant myopia." Not true - I travel a lot and, these days, find myself traveling as much as I am home.

Provecho serves wonderful food. The burritos are made from scratch and serve baked semi-crispy as opposed to microwave gooey. The sauces manage to avoid being heavy, but are tasty tasty tasty. This smallish non-elaborate restaurant is usually packed with customers ... for a good reason.

Visiting Vancouver ("the couv" to us locals)? Then stop at Proveho.

• Visited April 2013
“Give Me the Guacamole Harold”
Reviewed 23 February 2013

Wow, best Mexican food in SW Washington! The burrito is so big you could use it for a pillow. The chips and salsa are worth the price.