“unbelievable fossil site”

28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“unbelievable fossil site”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

If you love fossils you HAVE to go here, especially to go to the quarry with a guide and dig your very own Green River fish fossils that are in unbelievable condition and abundance. This is a can't miss with kids and teens. I have recommended it to many and all have loved it. Well worth the drive and the nominal fee.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank John C

Orem, Utah
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“straingest building out in the middle of nowhere.”
Reviewed 26 August 2012

This is a great stop to shop for fossies and arrainge for a trip out to the quarry to dig for fossils. kid under ten can get a hammer and chisel and look for fossils in the pile of rock just outside of the gallery.

Visited August 2012
Alpine, Wyoming
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“nice small gallery, but the guided fossil digs are amazing!”
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Went on a school trip guided by wally ulrich, my daughter uncovered so many fossils I couldnt belive it!

Visited June 2012
el prado
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Very cool place to go for those fossilized fish that abound in this area”
Reviewed 8 December 2011

What can I say-- my husband is a geologist and absolutely LOVED this place.

Visited November 2011
Kelso
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“WAY COOL... WAY COOL...WAY COOL...”
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Soooo, worth the time and the travel to get there and the cost. I agreed to go with my discovery/play in the dirt minded husband just to be a good wife. "I L O V E D IT"
It is a great activity for anyone that does not have mobility limitations. I was so caught up in the dig I forget to capture it on our camcorder.
Watch out for the pesky horseflies and they do bite even through cloth. You may want to spray yourself with bug spray. And wear sunscreen.
Staff is very nice and knows their stuff. I am excited about sharing our fossil discovery (we got some good ones) with family and the children in my Head Start classroom.

Visited July 2011