“Perfect choice in Kemmerer, WY”
Review of Fairview Motel

Fairview Motel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kemmerer
Fairview Motel
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We were on round trip through US NPs without booking hotels in advance. By occasion we stopped in Kemmerer Fairview Motel. Our first impression was OK; at least we found lodging for one night. And even VJ (the owner) didn´t look to be happy from our visit. We were 4 old guys and asked for one room only. The room was large, clean and convenient for us. After short discussion we became real friends with VJ and were surprised because of perfect personal attendance and services. We will remember the excelent stay there forever. Thank you BJ.
I can recommend enjoying the stay in the motel for everybody.
Vladislav
Czech Republic

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Vladislav T

Reviewed 10 December 2013

My personal choice when it comes to value and comfort. I have been working on a project in Kemmerer for the last 6 months and stayed at several of the hotels and once I stayed at the Fairview that became my home away from home in Kemmerer. The rooms are large and very clean and I am always treated as a friend! I recommend the Fairview Motel they always had a room for me. VJ and his wife always remembered my name from our first visit.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 August 2013

on my resent trip with my brother, about a two week motorcycle ride from Northern Minnesota to Northern California we had the pleasure of staying at the Fairview Motel in Kemmerer, Wyoming. From the moment we met VJ, the owner of the Fairview we knew we had a good place to stay. On our travels we are always looking for a hotel that has a good rate and a clean room, which we found at the Fairview. We enjoyed our stay there. Our talks from religion to politics and everything in between was very enjoyable. We were also lucky enough to sit down with him and start our morning with Hawaiian coffee and fig newtons. I have been through Wyoming a few times now on the Harley and I always enjoy the view and the people i meet. Getting to the Fairview is also pretty easy. Go off the exit, pass the gas station, and turn left on the main street. You will see the Fairview on the left side pretty quick. Check this hotel out, you probaly will be pretty impressed. Good travels and say hi to vj.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Gerry D
Reviewed 30 July 2013

My personal choice when staying in Kemmerer. The outside is not much to look, however the rooms are large and comfortable. We have stayed with VJ and his family for the past two years on our annual vacation, and each time its like we were long lost family members. This year VJ has upgraded many of the rooms and continues to take great pride in his family run business. I have traveled all over the country for business as well as pleasure and have never been treated so well. Even in the most expensive hotels, so if you are passing through this is best place for the little things.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great the ones closest to the office are the quickest way to great coffee in the...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2013

We enjoyed staying here and will stay again. Convenient and clean. The owners were very nice and friendly. The room was large and had plenty of room to more about. Two sinks and a great angle mirror in bath to fix back of hair!
Good internet reception which is very important to us.

Room Tip: Our room was on side close to office. Some other rooms were for workers.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Luckily I had the good fortune of NOT staying there.The front desk worker, VJ a Hawaiian native, takes price inquiries as a personal offense and talks much more than is necessary. He called me back after I had made a reservation to tell me that the rates he had given me were now different, and he lied saying that he was new there (I had seen other reviews of years ago that mention him). He took my questions about prices and comments about having the same rate that my boss was getting as, in his own words: "arguing, [--] and moaning."

Once at the front desk, he had given away the room I had reserved to which event I made a comment about having a reservation. This was too much of an insult for him and he insisted that I looked at the other room before I took it. I told him I still wanted to stay there without looking at it, but he refused me the service and finally told me that if I took it and [--]! and moaned about it again he would call the cops on me.

At that point, I decided that this motel does not deserve any costumers and left, to his satisfaction. The place is basically a dump and with this terrible service I would not recommend it to anyone. Respect and decency are definitely more important, and he lacked both.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank Nat234
Reviewed 16 August 2012

First off, be aware that Google Maps is WAY off on their location for this place. It is right in town, on the border of Kemmerer and Diamondville.

I feel sorry for people that have to stay at chain hotels by the interstate because they miss out on the real experience of small town America. This place will not be mistaken for the Ritz, true, but I thought it was great. Not all the rooms are air conditioned, but even in July we found we didn't need it. The room was clean, comfortable and spacious. The appointments (TV, phone) were not very modern but they worked great. I had no problems with the WiFi. This is truly a family run business, and the best part of the stay was talking with co-owner VJ the next morning. A very friendly man, originally from Hawaii, but who has lived all over and done everything. He treated us to Kona coffee in the motel office and even gave us a package of Fig Newtons for snacking on the road. I imagine there are big chain hotels in the area that could offer more generic luxury, but for a comfortable stay at a low price and the chance to meet interesting and friendly people you couldn't do better than the Fairview. I would definitely stay here again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

Been to Fairview Motel? Share your experiences!