Beacon Inn
US$256
US$238
Courtyard
  • Pool
enVision Hotel Boston - Longwood(Boston)(Great Value!)
US$228
US$224
US$325
US$300
  • Breakfast included
The Verb Hotel(Boston)(Great Value!)
US$259
US$221
US$189
US$185
  • Restaurant
All reviewsacross the streetcontinental breakfastgreat locationkenmore squarewhole foodswindow ac unitfenway parkboston brownstonegreen linebagelsprivate bathrooma wonderful stayfront doorbeds were comfortablewalking distance to fenwaysubway stopt train
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I stayed at the beacon inn this past week. Let me tell you my stay was amazing! First off the hostess Andrea was the nicest lady in the world, helped me with directions around town, my room and anything I needed. Best hostess I've ever dealt with!!
The rooms were really nice, great location in town, very clean and the a.c was at a perfect setting. If I ever make back to Boston I'm staying there again.
Thanks so much!!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Mrobbins1
Beacon I, Manager at Beacon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

We appreciate your kind feedback and we hope to see you again! Our hosts are always happy to provide directions, restaurant recommendations, and more for our guests.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

The place was good, the room was big and very comfortable, with a fridge where you could store some food or beverages. The staff was very nice and helpful. There're two locations for Beacon Inn, be sure to book the right one. The I choose, 1087 Beacon St is just in front of the Tube (T), so it's very easy to get to the center of Boston. You can't park outside the place at night, so be careful and book a parking spot if you bring a car (you can do that with the help of the staff in reception).

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank nebulus2k

Thank you for staying with us! We hope you think of us again if you return to the area. As far as our parking, we do offer limited spaces at both locations and we simply ask that our guests call in advance to reserve a spot and we will always do our best to accommodate your needs!

Reviewed 16 August 2013

On a whim we stayed at the Beacon Inn. Ali was very accommodating and helpful. I love the old character of the brownstone style and the Inn has that. Our room was spacious, comfy and clean:) one thing that upset me was the tenant in the next room was very loud coming in at 12:30-12:45AM. There are wood floors in the hallways and it echoes footsteps, keys rattling, and door knobs turning/ shutting. I happen to be a light sleeper, but even with the air on....I still was up for an hour waiting for who ever it was to finally settle into their room. Breakfast also was mediocre. A positive....you can get on the T directly across the street! So easy to get into the city.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2013

The Beacon Inn is a run-of-the-mill bed and breakfast. If you're looking for a five star hotel, this is not the place for you; but if you are simply seeking a decent place to sleep for a couple of nights, look no further. My family and I stayed at the Beacon Inn on a trip to see multiple colleges in Boston. We picked this particular location because of its great location, with Boston University and Fenway Park being a mere 15-20 minute walk away and a T stop right out front.

The rooms at the Beacon Inn are impressive. We stayed in the Fenway (on the second floor), which had enough room for 5-6 people. Just be aware that they will charge you for every extra person staying in the same room. The atmosphere was awesome. It gave off that cool old brownstone vibe while being equipped with a flat screen television and cable with HBO and Xfinity. The beds were very comfortable too! My only complaint in regards to the room is the very, very small bathroom.

Breakfast is completely free and is served right there on the first floor, but it isn't anything special. They provide a basic continental breakfast (muffins, danishes, bread, cereal) with a toaster and a Keurig on hand. In all honesty, the best part of this breakfast display is the Nutella.

The only other thing worth mentioning about the Beacon Inn is the parking situation. We called ahead of time to reserve a spot for our Chevy Traverse. They said that it wouldn't be a problem finding a spot for such a large vehicle. Wrong. We wound up parking at least a quarter mile away from the inn, and we paid $9 more a day. That was an utter disappointment.

Overall, the Beacon Inn isn't bad. Give this place a go if you need a place to stay in Boston for a short while!

Room Tip: There is no elevator. Don't choose a top floor if you're a heavy packer!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank morganbates
Beacon I, Manager at Beacon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! We would just like to take a moment to clarify our parking policies. Our guests are almost always able to park on-site however we are occasionally unable to accommodate large vehicles given the size and layout of our parking spaces. In response to some feedback we received about the price difference at the overflow lot, we have since found a more convenient and affordable alternative. We thank you for your feedback and hope you return to the Beacon Inn!

Reviewed 27 July 2013

We chose this B & B solely for location, right across the street from our daughter's apartment. We were there to help care for a new baby, so it was perfect. The Isabelle Gardner room on the first floor was home for 6 nights. Although the T passes right by, we were not bothered by its noise or the noise from Beacon St. The room was clean, comfortable, easily accessible and well-appointed. We had two small issues that were handled well by management who truly wanted to make things right for us. As a result I can recommend the Beacon Inn without hesitation. You will enjoy the walking distance to restaurants, shopping, the T, Fenway, major hospitals, etc. I would certainly stay here and take the T into downtown rather than stay in an very pricey downtown hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple