All reviews common kitchen fully equipped kitchen third floor coolidge corner shared kitchen no elevator back porch laundry room old mansion walking distance medical school fenway park minute walk corner room two blocks home away from home visiting boston
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Nothing special in terms of fittings, furniture and finishes, but an excellent price in an excellent location with free parking. Had the separate apartment (#10) with an outside entrance, porch, full kitchen/living room and private bedroom. Slept three for three nights. Worked well. Within walking distance of all conveniences. Biggest negative -- whoever had the room before us left a stench (fish?), which the staff helped ameliorate by providing cinnamon and cloves which we kept on a small flame on the range whenever we were in the room. Rates very good for the price ($189/night for three); would be only good if it were higher priced. Staff was very cordial.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank GoingtoSiestaKey
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Loved staying at the Longwood Inn. We stayed in the apartment which had everything we needed for a 1 week stay. Great having own front door and with patio table and chairs , with views over the playing fields. Laundry facilities and the ability to cook at home was really welcome. Very near tram stops to Boston , but with restaurants and shops in Brookline, there is no need to always go into Boston . Near Trader Joes supermarket , so very handy for a carry out food and drink. We walked straight from the door to Jamaican Pond - very scenic. Would def stay here again if I was in the area .

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Margaretg672
Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

We were originally booked in to stay two nights but ended up sneaking out after very bad night there.

We we after reasonably priced accommodation in Boston (which by the way is horrendously expensive) where we could park our car and I found this place on TripAdvisor. The reviews where generally pretty positive, so I went ahead and booked and paid for two nights.

Upon check in we were given a double room on the top floor and had to haul two very heavy suitcases up three flights of very narrow twisting stairs. Not an easy task and I ended up throwing my back out.

The room was clean but an absolutely tiny shoebox, with a double bed and a very small ensuite bathroom. The bed had no support whatsoever and did not help my back at all. I ended up having a shocking night's sleep and my wife and I crept out early the next morning, vowing to not come back. I know that I have given up a night's accommodation but I couldn't spend another night there. Will find another place out of town. Sorry guys, but you need to lift your game...

I normally don't like to give bad reviews on TripAdvisor, but thought that you better know our experience before you book. Maybe the Queen rooms on lower floors are larger, but unless you're travelling alone, pack light and don't mind an unsupportive bed, find somewhere else!

• Stayed: October 2013
4  Thank ShuttleBugs
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Convenient, free parking, super clean and comfortable. However, the wireless was spotty throughout my visit. Before you reserve at this place, check to make sure they permanently solved the wireless problem.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Traveler K
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Wow! What a great stay at the Loingwood Inn! We can't wait to return one day. The location is perfect for the train, restaurants, shopping and just walking in a beautiful neighborhood. The Inn is so comfortable, but very well furnished and maintained. We enjoyed the 'common' areas around the house, especially the outside deck. Such a great view of the park. The staff, Abigail is who we met, was so helpful. She was pleasant and very accomodating. We felt very welcomed by her. Also, Carmen kept our room spotless. Our room on the third floor is a climb, if you can't do stairs request a lower room. But it was fine for us. (in our 50's and moderately out of shape!) The room was small, but clean and very nicely decorated. The bed was a comfortable landing spot after a full day of sightseeing. The bathroom was lovely. The kitchen area was great, we kept breakfast foods in the refridgerator which was wonderful to have each morning. I not only encourage others to stay at this Inn but can't wait to return myself. We even passed out their business cards to couples we had met on Cape Cod.

Room Tip: Stay on lower floors if stairs are a challenge. We were next to the stair case, some noise but nothing disturbing.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple