“Hidden gem in Boston area.”
Review of The Bertram Inn

and 1 more site!
The Bertram Inn
Ranked #1 of 11 Brookline B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 May 2013

This Inn is beautiful and well run. So convenient to the T, and therefore downtown Boston. Very good breakfast, lovely setting, superior staff. Rooms and Inn are impeccably clean. Bed is very comfortable.

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so if you have a problem with stairs, do not choose a room on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 April 2013

Cozy, warm and inviting. A great central location to colleges, museums and the T. A beautiful setting with outstanding service. The morning brunches were delicious and relaxing, one morning we sat by the fire and the next day on the sunny porch. All of the staff were friendly and went over and above in making sure we had everything we needed. The whole experience was wonderful - I can't wait to go back!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank 764SandraH764
Reviewed 2 April 2013

I've stayed at both the Samuel Sewall and Betram Inns on numerous occasions while visiting Boston. Not once have I been disappointed! I LOVE the quaint antique decor and delicious hot breakfasts that are served every morning. In the winter there's even a fireplace to keep you toasty and warm. The staff are amazing, so friendly, and now know me by name. In the summer there are beautiful flower gardens and you can sit outside on the patio while enjoying breakfast. The breakfast spread is outstanding - hot meal (had banana stuffed french toast last time), beautiful fruit salad, organic yogurt, english muffins, hard boiled eggs and the list goes on. I've stayed in a bunch of different rooms (all have super comfortable beds with very expensive mattresses) and have been helped on numerous occasions by the staff to find the right fit for the nature of my trip. I can't say enough great things about this place. It truly feels like a second home to me and I will continue to stay here and only here whenever I'm in Boston!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 March 2013 via mobile

Third time staying here. When I have to get treatment at Brigham and Woman's hospital! It's been a year but right away the girl who works there remembered us and is alwayssss super nice!! The room again big nice flat screen TV private bath. Bed is like heaven best sleep I've had in months! Didn't want to get up! They always have a wide range of goodies and snacks coffee all night! I can't eat them bc I have celiac but its great for people who can! The Easter bunny cookies are a cute touch!! They serve a full hot breakfast with alot of different baked goods too.. Again I can't eat this but its a great selection for everyone else! Staff is very helpful!! They have alot of maps guides ect.. DVDs to watch. Location is perfect quiet area but a few min walk to DT brookline the T and right outside DT. Boston. Rooms are very clean. Nice patio outside to bad it was chilly but it us nice for warmer weather! Felt very safe! The only complaint I have which I said before bathrrom smells a little weird but that's just Boston water! I will not stay anywhere else when visiting Boston so close to the hosp and city but in its own quiet safe little area! Thank you Bertram!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 23 March 2013

I was looking for a nice B&B in Boston, which would be conveniently located, not far from the arts places (Museum of Fine Arts, Symphony Hall, Newbury St), close to the T line, and even reachable by foot if the weather is cooperative. I was also looking for a quiet place, which would include a little more than a standard continental breakfast--considering that my husband and I would leave a hotel in the morning, and would come back in the evening (besides visiting his kids-college students, we were going to be real tourists for our three days stay). So, I found such a place. It is located in the heart of Boston, 3 min. by foot from the Coolidge Corner and Beacon St., on a corner of two quiet streets. When we wanted to check how long it would take to walk to the Fine Arts Museum, it took ab. 20 min. of leisure, pleasant walk! The interior is beautiful, rooms and bathrooms are well sized and cozy, breakfast includes everything you would wish for a home-feeling-like meal (fresh and warm), and any time during the day you can get tea and coffee with a variety of fresh fruit, healthy snack and cookies...What else one could wish? Yes, and the price is very reasonable for the quality, location and the service. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2013

My parents recently stayed here when they were traveling to Boston to visit me. I live in Brookline and they wanted to be close and they didn't want to stay in a hotel. The location for the Bertram Inn is great, about a 5-10 minute walk to Coolidge Corner, and a short ride to downtown Boston or Cambridge. It's very close for parents visiting college kids at Boston Univ, Simmons, Emmanuel, and Wheelock. There is free parking available at the inn although it is limited. I believe they reimburse you if you have to park elsewhere due to limited space. As far as the Inn goes, the decoration is very cozy and warm. The staff were extremely friendly and accommodated us for a late check in. The breakfast was delicious: we had orange french toast, chocolate chip scones, yogurt and granola, fresh fruit, and variety of breads and cereals. Our room had a fireplace which came in handy as it was raining/snowing the night we stayed here. My parents will definitely stay here next time they visit me and I would recommend this for anyone traveling to the area.

Room Tip: There are rooms with fireplaces so if you're traveling in the winter, try to snag one of these r...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2013

Best feature is the location, easy walk to the Green line T stop. Service was very helpful, room was fine. Breakfast is buffet style with a different hot dish every day. Snacks and coffee/ tea are always available.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brookline
The Verb Hotel
The Verb Hotel
#10 of 84 in Boston
Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Back Bay/Fenway
The Inn at Longwood Medical

Been to The Bertram Inn? Share your experiences!