Beacon Inn 1750
  • Pool
  • Fitness centre
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsbeacon streetboston collegeoff street parkingmartinneighborhoodhospital
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Now when I read other reviews I was unsure so I had my son who lives a block away take a look at the inn and his assessment was it looked fine , great. So we went a have stayed there three or four times since September 2013. It's like going to a friends house, that has renovated an old house, is everything like a Marriott? No of course not, and the price and value and friendliness was great. It's now our home away from home whenever we visit our son or just go to Boston The "T" is right there outside the door and they have parking available, for those who want to leave their car and take public transportation, not only that ,there several restaurants and pubs, walking distance from the 1750 Beacon Inn, and they are superb.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 26 December 2013

My mom and I came from Asia and stayed here for 11 days. The front desk staff were exceptionally friendly, warm, and helpful, especially Andrea who went out of her way to provide information about where to go and how to get there. The location of beacon inn is convenient and easily accessible.

One shortcoming is the housekeeping standard, which is below average. The towels and bed sheets are not changed daily, the floor is not swept, and toilet has never been washed throughout the duration of our stay. I hope he housekeeping standard can be improved.

Room Tip: Good location and warm service except for poor housekeeping.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I would not recommend the Beacon Inn to anyone who is interested in staying there. The establishment is not what it is represented as. I understand that the building is old, but old does not excuse filth.

When we turned down our bed at night, we noticed our pillowcases had someone else’s hair on it. We called the front desk immediately and they brought four clean pillowcases – thank you Theresa.
The baseboards in the room look like they have not been wiped in months. Every surface in the space was dusty or dirty/grimy.

We took a white clean damp cloth and wiped around the perimeter of the room … see picture… this is what we came up with … and that was just the perimeter. The bathroom shower curtain liner was grimy and needed to be changed… the floor of the bathroom upon first glance had other people’s hair on the floor. We then decided to check the old fashioned radiator… the picture with the huge clumps of hair and dust is what came out of that… if you have allergies…I would especially avoid this place.

The windows to outside are severely in need of washing… looked like it was foggy outside…but it was a clear sunny day.

The lack of updates to our room were apparent…the ceiling was stuccoed badly. The rug next to the bed was truly nasty… we actually decided to look under the bed and regretted it.

I would fire the housekeeper or accept that whoever is resetting these rooms is unqualified or plain lazy.

For $150 plus $25 for a lame parking space (that we had to leave our keys because you could get blocked in)….this place won’t be seeing us again. It was like going to an in-laws house and realizing they don’t really care about their home.

You can find MUCH better value at the same price elsewhere... stay away.

Room Tip: Our tip for choosing a good room is to choose a different establishment.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank DanySueBob
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We went to Boston for our first time,anxious to see some old history. We researched the B&B's available there and after looking at the pictures of the Beacon Inn we decided for the price and what it offered that's where we would stay. I am sure at one time this was a beautiful Inn but with time and obviously no TLC this Inn has falling apart. Our room was so dirty that I had to go to the store and purchase cleaning supplies. I washed the floor, scrubbed the shower and cleaned the toilet. The toilet lid was broken and kept coming loose, there were hair balls on the rug that kept clinging to my socks,pulled back the sheets and there was hair and a little red bug in the bed. I pushed the rug under the bed to avoid dragging dirt into the bed because the rug had not been cleaned in god knows how long. The bed skirt was stained with blood and other filth on it. There is no place to eat or drink your coffee except in your room and there is no lids for the coffee so everyone spills the coffee carrying it to their rooms so the carpet is stained really bad. The entry hall is filthy with dust on the light fixture, the stair bannister is falling apart. When we arrived I could tell from just the way it looked it was DIRTY!!!! And I was right. Spend the extra money and stay in a nice place, the Beacon Inn is not that!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Gail T
Reviewed 19 October 2013

DON'T GO THERE.

They impolite and irrational behavior will drive you crazy. Do not rely on the pictures they show you on the catalouge and website.

The receptionist treat people like stupid. She (Andrea) was explaining to me how to use a remote control (I am a PhD and work in MIT).

Parking is a disaster. I booked a parking and when I arrived there was no spot for me. No one was in there and there was a note to call a person named David after 9 PM. You wont believe if I tell you that when I called that guy he hung up the phone on me and said he is sleepy. I called 2 times and he said your car will be towed so in that case they wont ask me for the parking price. In short, the parking policy of Beacon Inn is that your car will be probably towed and then the Beacon Inn wont charge you for the parking. How stupid is that.

When I was checking out I saw a family complaining to the receptionist and you should be there to see the careless face of the receptionist girl.

Anyway, I had 3 days reservation and after the first night I decided to cancel my booking. So I did so. But a few hours later the receptionist girl called me that they will charge me for the whole 3 days period. So, if you regret they will charge you so the best thing is that don't go there. Specially if you are with your family.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family