“Great and Affordable Mexican Joint”

Dorado Tacos & Cemitas
Ranked #72 of 203 Restaurants in Brookline
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Specializing in Baja California-style fish tacos, real quesadillas, and authentic cemitas, Dorado Tacos features an innovative approach to Mexican street food. Dorado Tacos prepares all its own salsas, dressings, gluten-free marinades, and meat rubs with fresh, seasonal produce and traditional herbs and spices.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great and Affordable Mexican Joint”
Reviewed 30 December 2012

I have been to this place twice in the past week and I can finally say that MexiCali aside, this will be my only Mexican joint that I'll hit up in Boston. My first trip there came after I saw that this place was on the "Hot on Yelp" list and also because I wondered what the hell a cemita was.

And cemita is exactly what I ordered after proceeding into this wonderful, welcoming establishment. A cemita is essentially some kind of a Mexican sandwich with multiple layers. I had the house-made chorizo one on my first trip there and tried out the pork milanesa one on my second trip. Both were delicious and may I just say that the buns they use are terrific! The sandwich features layers of oaxaca cheese, avocado, cilantro, black beans and chipotle adobo, along with your filler and it all works out amazingly well and is just delicious! And they cut it in half for you so you don't make a mess.

That aside they also have other fairly unique offerings like their fresh yucca chips which come served with a spicy ketchup cup. Oh they also have imported real Mexican Coca~Cola which is made with sugar cane. A worthy beverage to drink with your real Mexican fare.

I've also tried their tacos and it was spicy and tasty as well. I'd love to try their fish tacos but I'm allergic to fish so that's not going to work out.

The prices are beyond reasonable, the service is prompt and they'll even bring it to your table from the kitchen. They also have some homemade aqua frescas available for the thirsty ones. I can't find anything negative about this place. Even street parking is easy to find there.

Oh and did I mention that they have a liquor license and carry a decent selection of beers? And they also have sangria as well! Dorado, I love you.

• Visited February 2012

Boston, MA
“Best taco plate in Boston area!”
Reviewed 21 November 2012

I regularly walk 20 minutes to Dorado Tacos, in any weather, for their batter-fried whitefish tacos and grilled vegetable tacos. The Taco Plate comes with the best black beans and rice I've ever had. You can't beat the flavor and value. If you're a meat eater, they also have fantastic port tacos. Note that this is high-quality, authentic food, not Mexican food junked down for the American palate with cheese and sour cream.

• Visited November 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Fresh fish tacos with intense flavors”
Reviewed 22 October 2012

They always have a range of interesting fish, non fish and vegetarian options The flavors are intense and delicious but not overly spicy. The set up is pretty simple, but the value is excellent and the service is good.

Visited October 2012
Boston
“Worth It!”
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We go almost every weekend - relatively cheap, lots of variety. Some classic fish tacos and some other meat/ vegie ones too. In season, the elote - corn with cheese, spices - is a must. The staff, even though at first glance might appear like young students not wanting to be there, are great - helpful and friendly. Quick walk from C-line in Brookline - worth the trip, and much more authentic and tastey then any of the burrito places in the area.

• Visited September 2012
Boston, MA
“Quick, Good, Reasonable”
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Stopped by and had Two Tacos -
The chipotle marinated & beer battered shrimp | jicama | pineapple salsa | Baja crema - very tasty and the
Grilled Marinated Sirloin Steak roasted tomato-habañero salsa | guacamole | queso fresco- also very good.

Both were enough food for me. Also had a watermelon, mint ( another ingredient that I can not remember ) Ice Tea. Better than I expected, would order again. Refreshing.
Everything came to under $ 9.00. The Tacos are soft shell and small which I thought wouldn't fill me up but they did.

• Visited July 2012