“Delicious fish tacos, low-key and inexpensive take out!”

Dorado Tacos & Cemitas
Ranked #82 of 203 Restaurants in Brookline
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Specializing in Baja California-style fish tacos, real quesadillas, and authentic cemitas, Dorado Tacos features an innovative approach to Mexican street food. Dorado Tacos prepares all its own salsas, dressings, gluten-free marinades, and meat rubs with fresh, seasonal produce and traditional herbs and spices.
Boston, MA
“Delicious fish tacos, low-key and inexpensive take out!”
Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

Amazing fish tacos, fairly priced. Great sangria, grilled corn, gazpacho too. Take out joint with shaded sidewalk seating. Great for lunch or brunch.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank nicomaus
doradotacos, Owner at Dorado Tacos & Cemitas, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
nicomaus,
Thanks for taking the time to post your review of our restaurant on traveladvisor.com.
We appreciate your enthusiastic comments about DORADO.
We hope to see you again soon.
Enjoy your summer.
Regards,
Michael

Independence, Missouri
“Great!”
Reviewed 24 May 2013

We were in Brookline to see the house where JFK was born but wanted to grab a quick lunch first. We happened on Dorado's and decided to try it. It was really very, very good. It's not a fancy place and you have to order at the counter but the food was tasty and the price was right. I would go again.

• Visited May 2013
doradotacos, Owner at Dorado Tacos & Cemitas, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Well doesn't that sound like the perfect Boston day, Linda! So happy we could help you fill up before heading out on your adventures. Did you get to try any of our fish tacos this time around? If not, you'll definitely have to give them a go the next time you're in our neck of the woods!

Cheers,
Michael
Oxford
“Interesting, but won't comeback”
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I got some take away from this place. I went with the pork cemita and was fairly disappointed. Cemita is basically like a mexican hamburger. However because the chicken was breaded and there was next to no sauces on the burger the whole thing was rather dry and very unexciting. Maybe I choose the wrong menu item, judging from all the good reviews here, but I was very disappointed and will venture across the street to Anna's for my mexican fix.

• Visited March 2013
Alexandria, Virginia
“The house-made chorizo is as good as it gets”
Reviewed 31 December 2012

I love this little place. Very casual, spotless, good vibe. Fastastic chorizo tacos, cemitas, quesadillas. I have never had a bad meal there. great value and the best chorizo on earth - HANDS DOWN.

• Visited December 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great and Affordable Mexican Joint”
Reviewed 30 December 2012

I have been to this place twice in the past week and I can finally say that MexiCali aside, this will be my only Mexican joint that I'll hit up in Boston. My first trip there came after I saw that this place was on the "Hot on Yelp" list and also because I wondered what the hell a cemita was.

And cemita is exactly what I ordered after proceeding into this wonderful, welcoming establishment. A cemita is essentially some kind of a Mexican sandwich with multiple layers. I had the house-made chorizo one on my first trip there and tried out the pork milanesa one on my second trip. Both were delicious and may I just say that the buns they use are terrific! The sandwich features layers of oaxaca cheese, avocado, cilantro, black beans and chipotle adobo, along with your filler and it all works out amazingly well and is just delicious! And they cut it in half for you so you don't make a mess.

That aside they also have other fairly unique offerings like their fresh yucca chips which come served with a spicy ketchup cup. Oh they also have imported real Mexican Coca~Cola which is made with sugar cane. A worthy beverage to drink with your real Mexican fare.

I've also tried their tacos and it was spicy and tasty as well. I'd love to try their fish tacos but I'm allergic to fish so that's not going to work out.

The prices are beyond reasonable, the service is prompt and they'll even bring it to your table from the kitchen. They also have some homemade aqua frescas available for the thirsty ones. I can't find anything negative about this place. Even street parking is easy to find there.

Oh and did I mention that they have a liquor license and carry a decent selection of beers? And they also have sangria as well! Dorado, I love you.

• Visited February 2012