“Great food, loud and crowded”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Abbey

The Abbey
Ranked #6 of 202 Restaurants in Brookline
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Great food, loud and crowded”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Re. The title, So that's a good thing, right, Been a couple of times and try to get there whenever I'm in town, missed out the last time, and will make room next time, there is so much good food here, eat in or out in summer and enjoy this for chillin on a summers afternoon, or an energetic evening feels like a big party.

• Visited January 2014

New Castle, Pennsylvania
“Stumbled upon”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Our first night in Brookline, while wandering we stumbled on The Abbey. Great pizza. A little warm inside, decent service.

Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Went to dinner with my friends for my buddy's b-day. We had a large group and the waiter was very accommodating since it was a slow Tuesday night. The food and drinks were good as usually.

Visited May 2014
Brookline, Massachusetts
“best all-around in Brookline”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

I've lived in Brookline for 5 years and have sampled all the neighborhood restaurants, and I'd have to give The Abbey the prize for "best all-around" restaurant in Coolidge Corner/Washington Square. The food is utterly delicious. I have never eaten anything here and said, "eh." My usual reaction is "oh yeah, that's mighty tasty." They serve a delicious burger, and I think their bolognese (bison) is the best I've had anywhere in Boston (better than the Ribelle's down the street). And who doesn't love lamb lollipops with balsamic glaze? The wine/beer options are fabulous. The ambiance is not-too-hipster gastro-pub where everyone looks like they're having a good time (it can get pretty loud, actually), and the staff is attentive.The only problem with The Abbey is that everyone loves it; hence, it's always full. It's a small place and you will wait for a table. Nevertheless, I highly recommend it.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank melindamoo
Dallas, Texas
“Tasty food but slow service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Friends and I stopped by The Abbey for lunch yesterday. Service seemed to be good as our server came promptly to take our food and drink orders. However it took an inordinately long amount of time for the food to finally appear. I don't understand establishments which seem understaffed on big holiday weekends like Memorial Day. The food (when it finally came) was tasty, however service should be quicker. We tried the chicken salad panini which came with fries and a nice salad (the chicken salad was very mayonnaise-y but tasty). We also had the tomato basil soup with a grilled cheese panini (the soup was pretty good, panini was so-so). My friend seemed to like her steak sandwich. The restaurant is located in a nice part of town with outdoor seating and other establishments in the area if you feel like having dessert or coffee afterwards.

• Visited May 2014