“Can't eat at The Abbey just once”
Review of The Abbey

The Abbey
Ranked #6 of 203 Restaurants in Brookline
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming
“Can't eat at The Abbey just once”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

We ate at The Abbey last week during a visit to Boston to see our daughter, and the food and service was so first-rate, we went back again the next night. Everything...and I mean EVERTHING ...that comes out of the kitchen at the Abbey is just wonderful. The first night they offered a gnocchi special appetizer with a short rib ragu which was out of this world...the second night they had a gnocchi dinner special with crab meat that was just as spectacular. My daughter ate their hanger steak both nights...she said she couldn't imagine getting anything better. Their grilled caesar salad is the best caesar ever. And Patricio the bartender can mix a great cocktail. I will be back in Boston next month, and my daughter and I are already talking about our next dinner at the Abbey.

• Visited August 2014

“Delicious food, chill atmosphere”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

With a first glance at the menu, I didn't expect anything extraordinary. I mean the menu looks good, but it doesn't try to be overly fussy or out-there creative. Yet both my husband and I were very, very satisfied with our entree choices. We skipped appetizers and just ordered entrees - the special beef cheek enchiladas for him (delicious, tender, and flavorful) and the steak frites for me (also delicious, tender, and with a great sauce.) We had great service and also enjoyed the atmosphere. Would certainly go here again.

• Visited August 2014
Midlothian, Virginia
“A Monday night at the Abbey”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My wife and I picked up a friend who lives in Boston and this was his recommendation [ actually his 2nd one, the first one was completely filled].My wife ordered the crab critters as an appetizer and they were delicious. We each had the Arctic Char for our entree and my wife ordered the brussel sprouts as a side dish. She is fairly picky about eating "good" food and she was pleased with both selections. I also had the Char, found it very good and our friend had the Cod, which he said was excellent.
Our service was superb and it made for quite an enjoyable evening.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Midlotrails
Brookline, Massachusetts
“For a romantic lunch, everything you'd hope for at this price point, and more!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

For a weekday romantic lunch in or near Brookline, we wanted a place with definite 'atmosphere', an out-of-the-ordinary menu with excellent food, and reasonable prices. The Abbey met all our expectations and more. We began with two of the 'little plates' -- the Smoked Cod Fritters, and the Pulled Pork Spring Roll -- both wonderful, don't miss them! Then we shared a most unusual Caesar Salad -- a small head of Romaine lettuce with a to-die-for Caesar Dressing, croutons and a couple of white asparagus; and also a truly "thinking-out-of-the-box" entree: Warm Rare Beef Panini (with sausage, potato salad, and other stuff inside) , which was easily large enough for two and also delicious. Her Berry Cocktail was fine and my glass of draft Guinness was carefully poured right to the top (which one always hopes for but rarely receives, this side of the Atlantic). We had no room for dessert.

Although the restaurant was pretty full at 12:30p, our wait server was knowledgeable, brisk and particularly attentive. Conversation across the table was a bit difficult (because the bare walls are very good at reflecting sound!), but not excessively so. The Abbey's ambiance is pleasant and felt more relaxed than it probably should at noontime. All in all, an excellent experience, and we'll definitely make this a regular haunt.

• Visited July 2014
“Great food, loud and crowded”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Re. The title, So that's a good thing, right, Been a couple of times and try to get there whenever I'm in town, missed out the last time, and will make room next time, there is so much good food here, eat in or out in summer and enjoy this for chillin on a summers afternoon, or an energetic evening feels like a big party.

• Visited January 2014