“Great local find”
Review of The Regal Beagle

The Regal Beagle
Reserve with OpenTable
The Regal Beagle is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 203 Restaurants in Brookline
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
“Great local find”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

My friend and I were staying in Brookline for a visit and overnight. The concierge at the hotel we were at recommended this local spot for lunch. We ended up there for a long and relaxed lunch and back again fro drinks and dessert after dinner elsewhere. We just loved the service and unusual menu choices. We sat for hours and went back after dinner for drinks and dessert. It is a great local spot...quite popula.

• Visited January 2014

Boston, Massachusetts
“Lovely lunch and cocktails! ”
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

This restaurant has been one of my favorites since my fiancé took me here on our first date. We visit occasionally because it is dear to us but were very disappointed the night we got engaged when we came for a bite and the tuna tartare (we ate on our first date) was no longer offered - it is a great dish and they should totally bring it back! Most recently I took a friend here for lunch who was visiting from out of town. It was late for lunch, about 3:30 on a Sunday and the place was dead. We both ordered the Caesar Salad and we split the pumpkin mozzarella dish was was phenomenal however it has a faint curry flavor in the pumpkin purée which is usually not something I can tolerate and this was not mentioned on the menu. Simone, our waiter who was doubling as a bar tender, made delicious strong drinks and offered great suggestions for food and even helped us plan the rest my friends stay! This place has a casual elegance, refreshing options (but please bring back the tuna tartare :)) and a drink list that is both on trend and unique. I can't wait to try the brunch, I have heard wonderful things!

Boston, Massachusetts
“Quaint in the heart of Coolidge Corner”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Wife and I came here on a whim on a Monday night. It's a small long dining area that's a little dark but nice inside.

The bread for the table was not great, a deep fried chewy type of bread that would have been better if crispy as well as a few pieces of sourdough... with butter. Nothing special.

I got the special, fried monkfish cheeks with sautéed arugula with bacon and I substituted the mushrooms with brussell sprouts. The sprouts were delicious, the monkfish was well cooked but lacked seasoning and the arugula and bacon was pretty decent.

My wife got a huge piece of chicken Milanese with barley rice and broccoli with a side of polenta. The polenta was awful, they tried to "fancy" it up but it ended up being very soupy and didn't taste good. The chicken was great and the barley rice was surprisingly good.

Our server was pleasant and available whenever needed.

Overall I enjoyed the restaurant and meal, though was a little pricey for what you get. I would go back at some point but not in a rush to do so.

• Visited November 2013
“Always fabulous!”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This spot is just plain fabulous. The drink menu, the fun food, local produce and meat, and really great wait staff. We love this spot when we're in the mood to treat ourselves - and we LOVE the bacon wrapped dates!

Visited September 2013
new jersey
“We've been waiting for you....”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

This interesting restaurant located in the heart of Brookline, MA is quant, well attended & the food is scrumptious. I had the pleasure of dining there recently with my son for a fabulous brunch. Service is excellent and the food quite tasty. Get here early for their brunch as there's a line to get in.

• Visited September 2013