“Good food but not so good service!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Orinoco

Orinoco
Ranked #16 of 202 Restaurants in Brookline
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good food but not so good service!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

After seeing Chef/owner on a local TV cooking show, I was tempted to visit Orinoco in Brookline. I was dying to have the Portabello Arepa as it seemed to be one of the Chef's signature meals. It was a far cry from what I saw on TV in terms of presentation. The ffod was good but the service staff seemed to be totally disoriented and confused. They gave me the wrong change three times! Really hard to believe. The food took three times longer than we were told and we were somewhat pressed for time. We had to rush through the meal. Had we been given the correct information, we would have thought about it twice.

• Visited April 2014

Boston, MA
“If only it wasn't so noisy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Met friends whom I had not seen in a while for dinner here. Food was excellent but this is not the place to go if you want to enjoy conversation along with your food. We were shouting at each other and leaning across the table to hear one another. We went early because we knew the restaurant is popular and they don't take reservations. The space wasn't all that crowded but it sure was noisy.

Noise aside, the menu offers so many intriguing choices that it is difficult to decide what to order. If it was a quieter place, I'd go back frequently to try more items on the menu. As it is, I don't think I'll hurry back unless I am hungry at 5:30 on a Wednesday night and just might be able to enjoy a quieter meal.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank laviajeraliz
Boston, Massachusetts
“Arrive Early or Wait”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

Orinoco serves interesting and well prepared South American food and drinks. However, it gets crowded early and the restaurant does not take reservations for small parties. Four of us--two couples--planned to meet for dinner. Our friends arrived five minutes before we did but the hostess refused to seat them in the only remaining booth until we arrived, citing "restaurant policy." When we entered, the booth was, of course, taken by two people and our choices were to sit at a communal table or wait an hour for another booth. A real turn-off at of the top of the meal. The lesson: whether true or not, tell the robot hostess all members of your party are present in order to be seated immediately in a booth.

• Visited January 2014
Havertown, Pennsylvania
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

The food here is wonderful and different. Many selections for different diets. The mojitos are amazing. The place is small so book ahead especially for larger parties. They do try to be as accomodating as possible

Visited December 2013
boston
“Waste of money!! ”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

I came here with my boyfriend on Friday night. I was skeptical but we thought we would give it a try ( my boyfriend had tried it for lunch and loved the sandwiches). The service was attentive and quick to offer recommendations... We had a "spicy" mojito that was overloaded with sugar and very little spice. For an app we split some type of plantains and cheese that was pretty flavorless. He had the steak that was rubbed with cinnamon, which was OK. I had chicken with gnocchi that was bland, and not so good. The food and drinks were overall the biggest waste of money. I will stay home and cook next time- or go to Matt Murphy's next door!