“unjustified price”

GreenLeadersGold level
Boulogne, France
“unjustified price”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

expect for the receptionnist who welcomed us and was very friendly and helpfull, the rest of the staff could not care less. the room is very expensive, twice as much its value and for that extreme price the sort of fast food restaurant cannot even manage to serve a decent breakfast. the room was not really clean.
the worst hotel we experienced during our 3 weeks stay in US.
the GM we met in the morning said he was sorry but did not even ask for our name or room number! could not care less. start the change from the top!

1 Thank mymylulu
CYBrookline, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Brookline, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
I thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I feel terribly that your past stay here was less than satisfactory. I would like to personally address any and all of your concerns.

I encourage you to please call me so we can discuss your experience and help make it right for you. I take pride in our service and assure you that this is our top priority..

Look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back. I can be reached at the number below.

Sharad Chand
617-396-2000

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Korean first
Florence, Italy
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I recently came here for business for 5 days and then again for 5 days. I was completely impressed and am sold on this hotel. First, the staff is amazingly professional and very kind. They must have done some sort of training, because I've never had service like this in any hotel, even 5 stars. The lobby is welcoming, with snacks and cold drinks for tired travelers. They offer a free shuttle service to the Longwood Medical Area and, once, when the shuttle was stuck in traffic, they offered to pay cab fares for the waiting people. The rooms are spotless -- absolutely spotless and pristine. The rooms are also HUGE -- much larger (and cleaner( than the rooms I was used to at the Boston Park Plaza -- a hotel I frequented for work (not any more). Also, the area is fantastic. The subway is nearby. There are loads of restaurant options at night, and there are also many conveniences like super market, pharmacies, and other shopping nearby. Also, the hotel is on the corner of Beacon which really leads one right into Boston center. What a great location -- with prices (of stores, restaurants) not as expensive as in Boston center. Beds are very comfy, tv and furnishings modern. Desk and couch in each room, it appears. Nice city views, as well. Decent restaurant for breakfast, dinners and snacks. Will stay here from now on!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
CYBrookline, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Brookline, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your awesome experience at our hotel. I am very excited to see you enjoyed all our amenities including the water and cookies in the lobby, our shuttle service to the local medical centers, the spacious room and our amazing staff. As you mentioned we do train our staff and strive for excellent service and we look forward to serving you again on your next trip!

Palm Springs, California
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This is a decent though not great hotel. The positives are the rooms were reasonably clean and the common areas were nice, particularly the gym and the rear courtyard. The location is good and the wifi worked well most of the time. On the downside, if your room does not face the courtyard you will have an awful view and the air conditioning unit was full of mold or pollen as it made me sneeze whenever it ran. The rooms are also dark due to the dim lights and the smallish window. The towels were also very thin. I would stay here again but I wouldn't get my hopes set on a luxury experience.

1 Thank 758Paul423
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay, we appreciate your feedback. I am happy that you enjoyed our recently renovated fitness center and our beautiful courtyard.

Thank you for bringing to our attention the issue you had with the AC unit, we will make sure to address and fix it the problem right away.

We look forward to your next stay here at the Courtyard Brookline.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed over the weekend. We had two double queen rooms, very large and comfortable beds very clean. Great staff. We did not eat at the hotel as we had other breakfast plans, and the pool was under renovations regretfully. The rate was very reasonable compared to other Boston hotels and we were very satisfied. My only complaint is about the parking fees. Nowhere in Boston can you park your car near the curbside on a weekend. It seems most hotels and parking places take advantage and charge a huge amount for parking. We paid the hotel for parking $30 per day.

Room Tip: Check the room (my advice for any hotel) before taking it.
1 Thank Betina
CYBrookline, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Brookline, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay. I am delighted to hear you found our rooms very clean and our staff great while staying with us.

I apologize for the inconvenience with the pool, we have now finished the renovation and it is up and running and improved for your future stays.

Our parking rates are very comparable to local hotels in the area. Thank you again for your thoughts, we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Brookline area.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel for business and found it to be a very pleasant surprise. My room was immaculate and although I was right by the elevator, it was very quiet. The secret to the success is the staff, in my opinion. Literally every person I encountered impressed me, especially the manager -- who was working the dining room at breakfast, greeting guests and directing staff, checking on the font desk (which was busy with check-outs), picking up a bit of litter here and there, etc. I don't love Courtyards by Marriott, and part of the reason is the wide variance in quality, but this one is at the very top of the heap.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
CYBrookline, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Brookline, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Thank you for taking your time to share your thoughts about your experience at our hotel. I am thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your guestroom and our excellent staff at the Courtyard Brookline. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable.

We look forward to having you again next time you are in the area.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Location:
We spent a long weekend here and loved the location. Within 1-2 short blocks there's a T (subway/tram) stop, a Trader Joe's grocery store with typically nice selection (open 8am-10pm daily), delicious Peet's Coffee, and lots of restaurants (try Lineage's seafood, When Pigs Fly bread, and Zaftig's deli).

Hotel:
The hotel was pretty clean, staff friendly, shower pressure good, and mattress nicely supportive/firmer (the pillows were especially good). Our room (512) had two queen beds and felt spacious. Ice machine on each floor, free water/cookies in lobby, and lobby vending area to purchase snacks all hours. We didn't try the hotel food, but there was no need given so many local restaurants - just Yelp the 4- or 5-star places. Prices, while not cheap ($219 one night, $249 another), were better than other hotels (May is Boston's peak graduation month & we saw $350-$650/night hotels elsewhere).

Minor complaints:
Staff could be clueless about area (one insisted the nearest Peet's Coffee was "far away" when it was barely 2 blocks away), loud party animals were in the hall at late hours (but thankfully we never heard noise through our walls), and wifi didn't work (though we didn't really need it).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
CYBrookline, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Brookline, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review out hotel. We are delighted that your stay at the Courtyard Boston Brookline was enjoyable and you thought the hotel location and staff to be outstanding.

Many Thanks
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel is in a great area of town with lots of restaurants and shops in easy walking distance. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. It was a bit disconcerting to wake up every morning to noises from my neighbor's bathroom. The bed was comfortable except there was a definite slant in the mattress towards the nightstand, so it felt like I was rolling up or down hill all night.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank drbsick
CYBrookline, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Boston Brookline, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
I thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Good to hear that you found our location to be convenient and our staff to be courteous and friendly.

I am happy to inform you that we have recently started to replace mattress in our guest rooms and I am confident that you will see a change upon your next visit to our location…

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Many Thanks
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brookline
Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Back Bay/Fenway
The Verb Hotel
The Verb Hotel
#11 of 83 in Boston
The Inn at Longwood Medical

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Boston Brookline? Share your experiences!