“Great BBQ, great place.”
Review of Village Smokehouse - CLOSED

Village Smokehouse
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 April 2014

All I need to say is that it was a Monday night and we had to wait for table. The place was busy but the short wait was well worth it. We got a table close the grill and watched food being prepared, which is a bit of a show in itself with the flames that were being created. The BBQ platter included a portion of everything, there was a lot of meat, easily enough for two people. Ribs were really nice, but the sausage was delicious, milder than most I've had, but really tasty. You won't go far wrong with this place. Reasonably priced, nice atmosphere and good food.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

on my regular list of restaurants. my philosophy on restaurants is that most have only a few premium menu options, and for this restaurant, I believe their babyback ribs are the best in town. they fall off the bone and the sauce is great. no better place in boston. also, the atmosphere is great with great selections of country music that remind me of my home in Louisiana. If you're looking for babyback ribs, go to the village smokehouse.

Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Fantastic.. great food and service..
Fun and exciting environment.
I Strongly suggest going there.
Get the ribs!! You won't regret it!!

Reviewed 10 January 2014

My friend and I were newbies to the place but were pleased with the laid back environment and it's also very family oriented and kid-friendly as well.
The food was good (we both enjoy pub appetizers which were delicious).
Price was good too on both the drinks and the food - and wasn't a long wait to eat either.
The servers / waiters were all smiles :)

Reviewed 4 December 2013

We went to the Village Smokehouse in Brookline after a Red Sox playoff game on Oct 4. Yes the Sox won and as we all know went on to win the World Series. A little off track but after the watery beer and doughy pretzles at Fenway it was fantastic to enter the Smokehouse and see real food being prepared on an open flame throwing grill. It was a Friday night and the place was packed we waited about an hour for a table that we shared with two other people that were looking for a table. We had the Texas Hawg and it had a lot of everything, Ribs Beef and Baby Back, Brisket, Corn Bread, Beans, Slaw, Pulled Pork. Having been here before I knew that it would be a lot of food so we split it and neither of us was hungry when we finished. Service was friendly and efficient. The total tab for food and wine was less than $40. If you are craving BBQ I highly recommend the Village Smokehouse you will not be disappointed.