“Amazing Unaju/Unagi Don (Eel over Rice)”
Review of Ginza - CLOSED

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Groups
Good for: Groups
Reviewed 13 August 2008

Just had dinner here. I didn't try their sushi, but I ordered their Unaju on the dinner menu and was definitely pleasantly surprised. I thought the price was a bit steep ($22.50 for ONE dish), but then I understood why. There was literally piles of eel (ok, maybe not, but there were two layers!) on a bed of rice. And the meal also came with miso soup and a plate of small pickled vegetables. It was delicious, and I was definitely able to take home with me enough leftovers for another meal (so technically I paid $22.50 for two meals. Not bad.) I also usually eat a lot, so there was a LOT of food for what you pay for. The eel was soft and yummy--definitely comparable to what I have had in Japan! I thought it was quite authentic. Not sure whether their sushi is as good as their entrees, but I would go there again just for the Unaju.

Reviewed 30 June 2008

Love the sushi. The dining room decor is pretty tired (clean, but tired.)

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 March 2008

i think i like this one more than the one in chinatown. prolly cause the ambience is sexier. not cheap but not bad all together

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook