“First Visit - Won't be our last” 4 of 5 bubbles

Fugakyu
Ranked #8 of 200 Restaurants in Brookline
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Harvard and St.Paul
Transit: we are only one block away from Coolidge corner stop of Green line "c".
Description: FuGaKyu Japanese Cuisine is a unique Japanese restaurant located in the heart of Brookline, Massachusetts. Serving great dishes, such as authentic Japanese sushi and sashimi, you will enjoy a hearty meal that will delight your tastebuds and satisfy even the largest of appetites. Visit us today to experience what the rest of the town has been talking about! When you step through our restaurant doors, you will be immediately surrounded by a large collection of authentic Japanese decor. Combined with the delicious dishes, wonderful aromas, and outstanding service, you get a total dining experience. Established since 1998, our Japanese restaurant offers private rooms and daily specials for your dining enjoyment. We are a non-smoking restaurant. Come in today, enjoy the fresh air, and let your senses be mesmerized by the "scent-illating' aromas of our fine, Japanese cuisine. All of our exotic dishes are made of the freshest ingredients upon order, ensuring vibrant flavors.
Massachusetts
“First Visit - Won't be our last”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

My wife and I just joined friends of ours for a dinner get together. Our friends chose Fugakyu as they have dined here before. We arrived on time and our reservation was ready; however I was not as I had to break a $1.00 bill for change in the meter out front. This didn't phase the staff at all and they were very patient and accommodating. We were brought upstairs to our awaiting table and my wife and I noted what a big place this was, with many nooks and crannies so to speak. After being seated one if the party felt a draft from the vent above her and we asked to switch tables within the room. Again this did not phase the staff and we were quickly accommodated. A drink order was taken, along with a few apps, which arrived timely and were delicious. We decided to order a myriad of sushi dishes, which we all shared and both the presentation and taste were delicious. We had a wonderful time, in a nicely paced and attentive environment, with delicious food. We certainly would recommend Fugakyu for a number of occasions and do not think you will ever be disappointed. We surely will be back on an upcoming pass through.

• Visited November 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Boston, Massachusetts
“Ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

I came here for my second time with my boyfriend to use a gift card we had received, and we were more "wowed" with the food the first time we came here a few months ago. This time around we ordered the house salad with Japanese ginger dressing (always a hit), 2 orders of the fried shrimp shumai (had it fried for the first time the last time, and it was amazing!), caterpillar roll, crazy maki, spicy tuna maki, and spicy salmon maki. The rolls were pretty good, but the spicy tuna and spicy salmon rolls were a little too overstuffed. Call me crazy for thinking this, but the fish was also a little too mushy as well. For drinks my boyfriend ordered an old fashioned rum drink (just rum with a large ice ball) and I ordered the peach sorbet bellini, which is very good. Overall, this place did not lure me in enough for me to say that we would definitely come back here.

• Visited November 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“fresh high quality sushi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

Fresh high quality sushi. Pricey for dinner but very reasonable for lunch. Open late which is awesome. Service is usually really good and food is of very high quality,.

Visited October 2013
Newton, Massachusetts
“Nice atmosphere and good quality sushi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

I love sushi, but sometimes on a date night..,sushi restaraunts can be too quiet for me. This restaurant has a nice atmosphere and hum to it. The food Is high quality and the menu is vast. They also have great cocktails.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Cool atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

We got the tour of the restaurant as we walked all the way to the top and back of the place. It's got a bunch of rooms that make it a more intimate dining experience. The menu was enormous! Lots of great options for dinner! I would have liked to see more fresh sushi, they had a lot of stuff that was fried or had spicy mayo on it. The stuff we had was definitely good though! Worth the stop!

Visited October 2013