“Great Value and Taste For Your Money!”
Review of Boca Grande Taqueria - CLOSED

Boca Grande Taqueria
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican, Fast food
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 20 July 2012

My husband and I decided to take a walk one evening while we were attending a Parent Orientation at Boston University. We wound up walking to the town of Brookline. On Pleasant St. we happened to see Boca Grande Taqueria. Not being familiar with any eating establishment along Coolidge Corner, we watched as a steady crowd of people streamed into this restaurant. We decided to give it a try. A we were glad we did! We eat had a burrito which could easily feed two people. Portions are huge and very tasty. As John_d_boston said in his review, it's nice to eat a fast food meal on actual china with real utensils. Good deal for local college students.

Reviewed 14 May 2012

Having lived in So Cal for 16 years, I know good Mexican food. For fast food, this restaurant is OK at best. The pork was very fatty, beans were cold and lacked taste, the cheese wasn't melted, and the food lacked any source. If your choices are limited and you are in a hurry, it is a good stand by, but if you were looking for a real Mexican restaurant with table service, I would look elsewhere.

Reviewed 14 April 2012

least expensive and most food for the buck in this college town highly recommend

Reviewed 18 March 2012

I have been going to Boca Grande in Coolidge Corner, Brookline, probably since it opened. It's a ritual I look forward to. On a nice day I take a 12 min. walk from work to have lunch there. What I like best is that they serve up a hot plate of Mexican food. On an actual china plate, not a bag, a plate, even though it's counter service. And I eat it with a fork. ,

This is not Mexican food diluted and made unhealthy for the American fast food appetite. This is reasonably authentic and healthful Mexican food that tastes consistently great. And a plate of it is still cheaper than any artery clogging fast food chain I can imagine.

I especially love the steak Mexican plate with refried beans, rice, chopped tomatoes, cilantro, and salsa verde. Get the same thing with grilled lemon chicken or carnitas and black beans.

Give it a try. You'll love it.

Reviewed 19 February 2012

The tamales are highly suggested - 6$ for an excellent meal.