“Really good Indian Cuisine”
Review of Rani Indian Bistro

Rani Indian Bistro
Ranked #73 of 203 Restaurants in Brookline
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
North Carolina
“Really good Indian Cuisine”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

The food was delicious. Seems like most customers were either couples or groups. But I really appreciate the service they gave me as a single business traveler. I had a great table, on time service, and delicious food. It was very convenient to my hotel (Holiday Inn) as well! The Vindaloo was great as well as the baingan bharta! Prices were what one would expect in this area.

• Visited October 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“GREAT Food, Bad Service (Worth It)”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

The servers are rushed and won't crack a smile but for this amazing food they could have slapped me and I would come back.

Go for small plates with a side of rice so you can sample and share. My favs: rani platter, palak-agugula chaat, kakori kabab (lamb) and pani poori (eat them like donuts). Owner was circling the bar and seems very friendly and engaged. Can't wait to go back!

• Visited October 2013
Miami
“Superb Indian cuisine, very good service, nice ambiance”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

We ate there three times in late August 2013, while on a college drop-off roadtrip. Each time we tried different things on the menu, and without exception, every dish was always superb.

All the lamb curry dishes we tried were excellent, as were the shrimp dishes and rice dishes. Do not forgo the naan bread—it is excellent. For dessert the homemade Kulfi Indian ice cream was very good. The wine selection is adequate.

If you can, avoid driving there as parking may prove an issue, but the T-line tram stops very nearby. Service was friendly, respectful and efficient.

Decor and ambiance were elegant. Lastly, prices were very reasonable for the quality of the cuisine and service received. I will not hesitate to come here again and am looking forward to my next trip to Boston.

• Visited August 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great meal”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

When I was visiting a friend in Brookline, she suggested we dine at Rani’s and I’m very glad she did. We started out with the Subji Pakora (deep fried veggies with chili sauce), then had the Chicken Tikka Masala, Sham Savera (spinach with cheese), Bhindi (okra) and Raita (yogurt sauce). Living in the south for more than half my life, I’ve never liked okra but I loved the way they cooked it. I thought that everything was delicious, the service was excellent and the décor was lovely. And the beer list was better than I expected from an ethnic restaurant.

• Visited July 2013
Plymouth, MA
“The Perfect Meal!”
Reviewed 21 March 2013

What is the answer to a cold, wintery night in Boston? A delicious, spicy meal at Rani Indian Bistro, of course! My husband and I stumbled upon this restaurant as we marched through slush and tried to endure the pounding sleet hitting our faces. When we spotted Rani, we knew that it was exactly what we needed. The service, food, and atmospher exceeded all expectations. We highly recommend the "Chicken Sixty Five" and the "Assorted Naan Basket.

Visited March 2013