“Why is this not #1?”

Ranked #1 of 203 Restaurants in Brookline
Price range: US$0 - US$25
Cuisines: Spanish, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Barcelona meets Brookline, and a sophisticated Boston neighborhood has a wine bar to call its own. A historic town located minutes from downtown Boston, Brookline is the perfect mixture of urban and country living. From large estates and recreational parks to boutiques and pedestrian-filled streets, Brookline offers a city atmosphere in a suburban setting. Located in Washington Square at 1700 Beacon Street, Barcelona is the newest addition to this lively neighborhood dining destination. A mix of antique wire glass, steel and reclaimed wood gives our newly built space a vintage appeal. The rustic, polished environment is the next best thing to eating tapas and drinking wine in our restaurant's namesake city. With hardwood floors, floor-to-ceiling windows, and spacious patio, the space has a European charm which fills the menu as well.
New York City, New York
“Why is this not #1?”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Trip advisor can be a tad misleading. I ate at Barcelona last night and I don't understand how a pizzeria and a bakery out rank this restaurant. Place was phenomenal. If u plan on eating here I suggest make a reservation early if u wait til last minute to make a reservation u will not be able to. I didn't make a reservation and was told it would be a :45min to an hour wait. So we decided to wait at bar. Bar was also crowded so that has to tell u something about the place. While we were at bar we ordered wine and sangria. The wine list is very good and so was the sangria. We had just ordered tapas and I was told they had a table for two ready :20min into our stay so we didn't have to wait the :45min. They brought over our tapas and drinks. For tapas I had the Migas (chorizo and fried egg) my girlfriend had the squid ink calamari and shrimp with toasted noodles. The Migas was awesome I didn't dare try my girlfriends tapas because her mouth was black from the squid ink lol but she said it was very good. As for the entree I ordered the grilled churrasco with fries and chimichurry and she ordered the chicken pimiento. My skirt steak was cooked to perfection and tasted delicious! I took a bite out of her chicken and it was spicy but good. She said it was fantastic. Now before our entree came we were given a free tapa jamon and chicken croquette. That tapa was delicious as I ate them all left my girlfriend with just one. I suggest anyone who reads this to go and u will not be disappointed I guarantee it. Olivia was our waitress and she was a joy to have waiting on us. The bartenders were also great and how often do u see management come to your table to talk to u and ask how your food was? Oh as for dessert we couldn't even fit it in. This place should be ranked #1 I haven't been anywhere else yet but so far I would come back here every time. Prices for food is fair as bill wasn't that much for two people and the amount we ate.

General M, Manager at Barcelona, responded to this review, 1 October 2014
Hello!

Thanks for taking the time to share your great experience with us. Look forward to seeing you soon.

Cheers from Barcelona Wine Bar!

• Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
“An Aurhentic Catalán Tapas Bar”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

It was a nice surprise that after 21 years in Boston. We found a true tapas and dinner locale which was genuinely Spanish. I recently went to Barcelona so the comparisons with eateries there was favorable. For 2 hours I felt I was back there. The food excellent as was the wine list. The paella, almost $50.00 for two was too expensive and was burnt at the bottom. I will return, however due to the impeccable service.

General M, Manager at Barcelona, responded to this review, 1 October 2014
Hello,

Cheers from Barcelona Wine Bar!
“Perfect, top to bottom”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Get there early, we like to late lunch about 2:30 to 3:30 especially in summer, prepping for a late dinner, avoiding the crowds and getting the same attention to us and the food. Pairings of food with wine or cheeses with Serrano ham, ask the tenders of the bar for your Tapas combinations and their complimentary flavorings you will not be disappointed.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Best Tapas, Great Ambiance”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Barcelona wine bar is exceptional! We have been three times, and we are impressed and very happy with our experience each time. We consider ourselves foodies, and the menu has plenty of unique items in addition to traditional favorites! The staff is also fantastic and always ready to talk to you about food and wine, to help you make the best choice. It's a great vibe, fabulous outdoor seating, and we highly recommend!

“Great place”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Love this place. Food and service are grea. Can get loud and very difficult to book a table. One of the few places that's great for formal and informal occasion.

Visited June 2014