“Wish we had a restaurant like this in my hometown!”
Review of Bottega Fiorentina

Bottega Fiorentina
Ranked #19 of 212 Restaurants in Brookline
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Italian
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I saw the reviews and was so grateful I found this little neighborhood restaurant! I wish they were in my hometown! Quick service and absolutely delicious. And the price, what a deal! What more can I say! While this isn't a sit down restaurant (you go up and order and then sit at either the window seating or the communal table or order to go) don't let that distract you from a great meal. I had a very simple but absolutely delicious meal of spaghetti and meat sauce (and bread for dipping!). I felt very comfortable dining alone while on a business trip but there were families there and couples too. Again, great neighborhood vibe to it. Just wish I'd found it the first night I was in the area!

Reviewed 22 October 2013

A tiny cafe with a communcal table - it's size might be offputting but don't get fooled into thinking this is just another red-checkered table cloth "Italian american" place. This is the real deal - authentic, super quality plates of pasta. Homemade sauces that are really startlingly good.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

I like coming here once in awhile when I want a quick and cheap bite. Bottega has a special where on Wednesdays & Sundays, their pastas are $4.99. Not bad! So because of that, I like to come here only on those days. When you come in, it's a small place that looks more like a takeout type of place, there's few seating options and even fewer when a family comes in to eat. It's clean but just not enough room. No bathroom either.

When you come in, you pick the type of pasta noodle you want and the sauce. I usually go with Andrea sauce (pancetta with mushroom and truffle oil) with spaghetti or a bolognese sauce. These have never disappointed me. It comes with a small slice of bread and I usually take my bread to mop up any sauce on my plate. There's lemon flavored water available to drink if you are thirsty. You pay for your meal before you sit down and eat. When the food is ready, you just come back to the counter and pick it up, just make sure to clean up your own area when you are finished eating. There's a small dessert display that usually features tirimisiu or a chocolate cake. Other Italian dishes they feature are lasagnas, stuffed shells, etc. They also have a small section against the wall where they sell some Italian groceries such as truffle oil, snacks, canned goods, and pastas. Very convenient if you wanted to go home and make an authentic Italian meal. The service has always been good here. I'm only giving an average rating (I want to give this place a 3.5 but that's not an option available) because although the food is good, the portions are a bit small. I'm a 5'3 lady and often still feel hungry enough that I'll order a second pasta dish. True $4.99 is a great price but in the end buying 2-4 pastas to fill up my bf & I ends up costing us $15-$20 which is around the cost of a normal pasta. So now I just come here for a pasta "snack".

Reviewed 5 September 2013

I still cant believe how amazing and authentic this Italian food is. Not only you get to eat very fresh and delicious food, but you will be surprised by the bill. I had crab and shrimp tortellini with fresh mozzarella, tomato and basil sauce. my plate costed me $7.95
We will be going back for lunch tomorrow again. You have to try it.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

This is an authentic little Italian deli/takeout/restaurant with wonderful food. It was filled w/locals, some of whom did not speak English at all, and ordered in Italian. They have wonderful deli salads and pasta dishes, as well as desserts. Also, specials of the day on pasta, etc. for only $5.00.

I had pasta w/chicken and red sauce. The sauce was wonderful! It was just crushed tomatoes, garlic, spices, and olive oil, so it was light and delicious.

There is no service. You just line up at the counter, place your order, then they call you when it is ready.

I highly recommend eating lunch or dinner here. But, look for it, as it is a pretty narrow storefront on the corner.

Skip all the "chain" restaurants on Harvard St., and walk a little further down to find really good food here.

One of the reviews on Yelp for this place said, "Their carbonara is crack." I would say any of the food is that addictive because it is SO good.