“Nice lunch”

Ranked #19 of 208 Restaurants in Brookline
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I dropped in here for a quick lunch sandwich. Good quality food and fast service. Incan't say how it used to be, I can just say that is is OK today

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Food great, service great, LOVED! Sandwiches were fabulous, and the sausage knish outstanding! We're from Alabama so the owner loved our accent and we loved his!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I had heard about Michael's Deli but never had a chance to check it out while I lived near it (seemed to always be closed when I did want it). I was around the Coolidge Corner area today and craving a wrap or sandwich and saw that it was open. I went in and grabbed and menu - so many good options to choose from! I was torn between whether I should just create my own from a half or whole (more filling), or if I should choose from a specialty. I asked the cashier, who was very friendly and helpful, what their most popular items were. He said corned beef and pastrami…he also mentioned that I could get a 1/2 sandwich from the specialty sandwiches if it only had 1 type of meat. I ended up getting 1/2 a Rachel which was corned beef with coleslaw on pumpernickel (I swapped for challah) and had it to go. I think it would've been best to eat there (note: it is pretty small and they have about 3-5 tables) bc the bread would've stayed in its toasted state….but even with it getting soft the sandwich was delicious…so delicious I probably will get a full next time. Corned beef was perfect and the coleslaw blended in just right. Definitely a good "hole-in-the-wall" place to check out if you're in the area.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

The deli is good, really good. But, it is not the same. It is neither as clean or as welcoming a place as when Sobelman owned and ran it. The new owner is nice, but it just isn't the same vibe. The sandwiches are still good, although not quite the same portions. If you need a deli fix though, this is still a good place.

1  Thank Bostontraveler122
Reviewed 30 April 2014

My daughter and I had lunch here on a January Saturday afternoon. She had the the Reuben and I just went with pure corned beef on rye.

Both sandwiches were outstanding. I am from New York City and one would be hard pressed to find a better corned beef sandwich anywhere in New York. The corned beef was piled very high on good rye bread. The corned beef was most, flavorful and had no dryness or gristle at all. A bottle of cream soda was the perfect accompaniment.

The Reuben was also of a very generous proportion and was well enjoyed to the very end by my daughter.

Michael's Deli will most definitely be revisited again!