“Lovely Bed and Breakfast experience”
Review of On the Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brookline
On the Park
Ranked #1 of 11 Brookline B&B and Inns
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Lovely Bed and Breakfast experience”
Reviewed 17 October 2007

This Bed and Breakfast was the perfect place to stay while sightseeing in Boston. Two of the railway stops are walking distance away and there are great restaurants and shops within walking distance of the house. Our room was beautiful and cozy and very easy to relax in after a day of walking around. Each morning we had a wonderful breakfast while Betsy gave us maps and advice about what sites to see! If I ever go back to Boston I will definately stay there again. Plus I loved the collection of classic novels in the dining room!

• Liked — breakfast!
  • Disliked — the weather
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
phoenix, arizona
Reviewed 6 October 2007

Charming, warm beautiful home in Brookline. Great location, shopping and restaurants nearby. We felt like we were staying at home with very nice accomadations, very good service and charm of large New England home. Highly recommend to anyone wanting to stay in the Boston area.

• Liked — warm friendly service, great location
  • Disliked — had to go home
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled on business
Austin, TX
Reviewed 25 September 2007

As an experienced business traveler I am used to the corporate hotel environment. Recently my travels took me to Brookline where we had setup an office. Looking at my alternatives of very pricy hotels I looked up B&B's and sure enough in the urban jungle of Boston (Brookline) I found a charming B&B just a few blocks from our office. They owners were extremely gracious and even though my flight was 3 hours late and I arrived after midnight, I was greated with a smile and a snack. I enjoyed my time there. The owners were friendly and had a good breakfast ready each day.

I will be staying there again and recommend it

• Stayed August 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank Kurt78746
Lund
Reviewed 16 September 2007

Came from Sweden late and Marco was waiting for me even though it was in the middle of the night. I felt at home immediately.

This house is absolutely charming and in a fantastic surrounding. At night there is the peaceful sound of woods which makes you sleep very well. You wake up to a lovely breakfast with fresh fruit and lovely coffee (from different countries every morning). This really made the start of my stay in Boston special.

I came from Sweden to work at Harvard, knowing nobody and was to some extent a little anxious so this stay really was the absolute best way to get the perfect start in my move here.

I can definately recommend this place. Better than a five star hotel.
Marco and Betsy are such lovely and caring people, now my friends.

Stayed August 2007
NYC
Reviewed 17 August 2007

Charming, comfy, spacious home right on a lovely park in the heart of suburbia cum Boston. Convenient to everything - it took less than 20 minutes to Logan airport. The room, bath, public rooms, were clean, well supplied with all needs and I slept like the proverbial log. Breakfast was exactly as I wished, and yummy. I agree that the best aspect is the hosts. Betsy and Marcus are warm, outgoing folk and I felt totally at home in their home and lovingly cared for. Couldn't ask for better.

• Liked — hosts
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled on business
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 7 August 2007

"On the Park" is a nice comfy B&B in an interesting neighborhood that bubbles with small businesses, restaurants, and people from all over. The main attraction for us, however, was the hosts; they are warm, knowledgeable people with deep roots in the city and very generous with their time.

Great library, too.

• Stayed July 2007, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brookline
Allston / Brighton
Hotel Boston
Hotel Boston
#77 of 83 in Boston
Fenway / Kenmore
The Verb Hotel
The Verb Hotel
#11 of 83 in Boston

Been to On the Park? Share your experiences!