Holiday Inn Boston Brookline
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness centre
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsacross the streetindoor poolfenway parkbusiness centergreen linesox gameboston brooklinebeacon stroom was spotlesstrain stopconvenient locationbeds were very comfortablefew blockssafe neighborhoodlongwood medical areanew englandt station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I stayed here with my friend from the 16th to 18th of April. I was told I would need to place a deposit with the hotel. However, after I left, the refund never came.

When I called the front desk, he told me he doesn't know what is going on and I had to call 3 days later, when the accounting department is working again. Doesn't the hotel operate 24 hours? This is ridiculous!

I am very disappointed with the hotel and its non existent "help"line.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
HIBrookline, General Manager at Holiday Inn Boston Brookline, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us, I will look into this further as some of our reservations are pre-paid in advance, which could be referred to as the deposit. I am not sure why we were unable to look to your question at the front desk, and I will send you an e-mail privately to gather additional information so that I can look into this matter. Again thank you for taking the time to write us.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

We needed a room for the night in the Brookline area of Boston and an internet search revealed a King Bed non-smoking room at the Holiday Inn Brookline for $199 plus $27 for parking in a self-park underground garage with too few handicap spots. We've stayed at this property a couple of times but not in the past 12 years...the place looks the same...a bit tired and worn but with great promise. The staff are pleasant and helpful. The rooms are decently appointed and the king beds an ample size. But hotel quality bedding with 600 plus thread counts, it was not. The sheets and pillowcases were pilled in spots and the extra pillows I asked for were lumpy. The room was not dusted well and the bathroom was compact with an odd shower stall that was directly in back of the toilet. Speaking of the toilet, the seat was not screwed in properly and slid from side to side; my husband complained about the toilet seat because it wouldn't stay up on its own. In order to pee, he had to hold the seat up - not sanitary. A complaint to the front desk at night about the toilet, which probably just needed to be tightened, went unheeded probably because there was no one on duty to fix it until the next day. Also, when you flushed the toilet the water leaked out of the handle onto the floor. The shower stall basin collected water and wouldn't drain properly leaving you standing or slipping in 2 inches of dirty water.

The walls and ceilings were thin and not sound-proofed. We could hear the people in the room above us, talking. While it was a warmer day in April, the air conditioner was running constantly and although the sign near the unit said that the thermostat near the bathroom controlled it, I found that it did nothing to control the room temperature.

The bed was uncomfortable in that it sagged in the middle hurting my back. I did not get a good night's sleep. My husband spoke with the manager about the issues and they comped us the parking and gave us a coupon to eat the self-serve (except coffee) buffet breakfast for free which would not have been worth the $12.95 per person, and gave us 50% off the room rate. So, we were satisfied with the result. For a Holiday Inn, the Brookline property is fairly large with a comfortable lobby, free cookies, TV sets, a bar, restaurant, pool and exercise room, which we did not have time to use. They need to change the beds to more comfortable ones and keep up the maintenance of the rooms. We would stay there again if we had to because of the location.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Boston Brookline, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear layyylah5,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. We are delighted to read you liked our location. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I would like to apologize for the overall dissatisfaction you had experienced during your stay. It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our valued customers, but to instead provide good value, comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I trust the action taken by the Duty Manager will bring you a sense of resolution concerning this matter and confirm the value of your business to IHG.

Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope that we can better serve you next time.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I don't think anyone goes to the Holiday Inn because they are expecting a luxury experience. For simply adequate travel accommodations this branch of the Holiday Inn chain doesn't disappoint. It provides clean, utilitarian rooms, with tiny bathrooms, and air conditioning unit that sounds like you're living under an airport and no amenities.

But its located right in the heart of downtown Brookline which is a fantastic place to stay if you're in Boston. Its a very walkable neighborhood with great restaurants and easy access to shops. You're very near Boston University, and its filled with all sorts of lovely people. The surroundings made the lack of luxury in the actual hotel bearable.

If you're going to be spending more time outside of the hotel than inside, you could do a lot worse.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Boston Brookline, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear NewishToTravel,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. Please accept our sincere apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Because of the hotel's excellent location,I've stayed there,on business, once or twice a year for more than ten years. The place now reminds me of an old friend who has begun to show his age.
The elevator moves slowly,the beds sag,the bed linens are worn,the in-room coffee service provides packets of powdered "creamer" that were once common in cheap hotels twenty years ago.
Not too long ago,this was a quality operation. Not any more. How sad!

Room Tip: Be patient with your room's HVAC . The controls work,but they respond SLOWLY.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
HIBrookline, General Manager at Holiday Inn Boston Brookline, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, as your honest feedback is valuable for both myself and the management staff. I will discuss your comments with the housekeeping manager regarding the mattress. The room linens we are constantly adding new inventory, we will make sure that closer attention is paid to worn linens so they are removed from inventory. Being a coffee drinker myself I can certainly see how disappointed you may have been with the hotels current coffee program, which warrants a further look at other in-room coffee products. Thank you for continuing to stay with us, and we will continue to work to provide a great hotel experience for guest like yourselves, from the comments provided.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

This location was very convenient for me as I was visiting a relatie at the nearby hotel. The staff was so nice and friendly. The room was very comfortable and nice. The rate was very reasonable for this location. I would return to this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

It is always rewarding to hear such great comments about the staff as they truly make the difference. We hope that we see you the next time you visit the Boston-Brookline area, and thank you for taking the time to write us, we appreciate the feedback.