“Not great, not bad.”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Salem, Virginia
“Not great, not bad.”
Reviewed 10 May 2013 via mobile

Went here after the 11am trolley tour. Got the oyster PO boy and my wife had the shrimp salad. For $12 I would have liked more than three oysters. My wife's shrimp salad came with five shrimp. Both dishes were very tasty and the sweet potato fries were quite good but soggy a bit. Tea was excellent. Service was attentive. Overall a pricey lunch choice that was just OK.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank George S

Lorton, Virginia
“Great food, inside needs TLC”
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I chose to dine here due to a recommendation from a guest at who dines at my bar. I decided to go there for my mother's birthday. A few things...the food was excellent, the champagne was warm. When serving a bottle of expensive champagne, it must and I mean MUST be at the point before freezing, not room temp. The menus were paper, which is okay, but they were crinkled and were dirty. My feet stuck to the floor of the restroom and the door was full of dirty hand prints. The carpet was filthy and looked like it was original. The ceilings were dirty too. The decor (the painted walls to resemble brick) was a bit cheesy. That all being said, I understand the reason why I have not heard of this place prior to my visit. This place would be packed, all the time, if they renovated it. They have a spectacular view of the river and a gorgeous patio for dining. Customers in Fredericksburg CRAVE a place for fine dining, but that means having the whole package/experience.If Truluv makes these changes, I GUARANTEE this place will thrive. I will come back to dine, but I wish they would consider this because it is truly taking away from the AMAZING food and view. It's the little things that add up.

• Visited April 2013
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Bland tasteless food. Small portions. Dirty.”
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Food was overpriced and bland. Two small pieces of overcooked, thin sausage came on the shrimp and grits. Five shrimp and a bowl of soupy grits for $18.00. Dinner came with ONE roll each and no salad or soup. Butter was even BLAND! I had the rice balls which were BORING. Nothing but fried rice and cheese with NO seasoning. They were served on plate of what tasted like UNSEASONED Hunt's tomato sauce sprinkled with parmesan. Oh, did I mention the rice balls were served luke warm at best. Silverware and glasses were dirty. Ceiling looked like it was about to cave in and air vents that are right over your table were black and dirty. Server was not very friendly. Will NOT go back and will tell others to avoid at all costs!

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank bdjathome
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Fair at best!!”
Reviewed 25 March 2013

On Sunday 3/24/2013 my lady and I visited Truluvs for lunch. It was 1:00 p.m. We found the service fair at best. Our server was rude. The Philly cheese steak I had was surely nothing special and who serves a Philly cheese steak with american cheese. It should be provolone right? Please.....sweet potatoe fries were the best part of the experience except for my company.

• Visited March 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Very good lunch”
Reviewed 12 March 2013

I brought a corporate group of 9 people to lunch at Tru Luv's. Don't let the lack of curb appeal affect your judgement to eat here. The curb appeal is dismal - it needs a major facelift. Enter thru the side door and walk into the restaurant to the right. Big windows overlook the Rappahanock River providing a good first impression of the cozy dining room. The food and service was excellent. I was so impressed that the server took all orders without him writing anything down and delivered it all spot on. My steak salad was delicious. The lettuce so crisp and fresh and the steak cooked medium exactly per my request. Others in my group ordered other things on the menu - crab cake sandwiches, chicken sandwiches, other salads, and when I polled them on the walk back to our hotel, all said they were pleased. The quality of food was very good, freshly made to order. Menu items are reasonably priced. One day I hope to go back to try their Sunday brunch and eat outside on the terrace overlooking the river.

• Visited March 2013