“Dog Lovers Heaven”
Review of Clarion Inn

Clarion Inn
Ranked #28 of 41 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Travelling with a dog can be a huge challenge when attempting to find overnight accommodation. If you are successful, the fee charged can often be significant. We were overjoyed when we found the Clarion Inn in Fredericksburg, VA. A beautiful clean room and NO fees for our dog. We were very happy with our stay and will certainly look for Clarion Inn in the future. Thank you for loving our pet.

Room Tip: Lots of ground level rooms which are great for taking pets outside.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Theresa E

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Was surprised that a Clarion had exterior entrances, but I felt perfectly safe as a female arriving alone. The room was slightly dated, carpet was worn, but everything was acceptable. I generally hate travelling because usually the beds are uncomfortable - but this was the best bed that I had slept in (almost better than home). Should we be back in the area, we will stay here!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 November 2013

My daughter and I stayed 2 nights last of October, 2013.I requested lower floor due to disability and exterior rooms; The check in was smooth. Room was already assigned....Desk clerk friendly. Room very clean, no smells. No problems. Was very impressed since this our first visit at a Clarion Inn. Breakfast acceptable.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank stang97
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We have stayed at this hotel many times in our travels. The rooms were always very clean. Internet access. Hotel staff were always very friendly. Having a restaurant at the hotel also is a plus. This hotel also takes dogs and we travel with our dogs. They always put us on the first floor.

Room Tip: Good place to stay if you are traveling with your dog.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank bubby2six
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We chose this hotel pretty much at random as a stopping point for a business trip from Philadelphia to South Florida. There are several hotels in the area we could have chosen but the Clarion seemed to look to be a lot nicer looking than the others. We were very pleased with our room, the cleanliness of the hotel and with staff members that we met. The breakfast too was a nice buffet which was a nice departure from the usual do -it-yourself waffles , muffins, etc. that we usually get at other hotels. We felt that this hotel was a very good value and found the price of our room to be pleasantly low.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 October 2013

This was a clean room, a bit out of town. The staff were fine, pretty much standard roadway inn. Just ok.
Hard to say anything exceptional. It's fine as a place to sleep. Dinner was fine but nothing special.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I stayed here on two different trips and had somewhat different experiences. The following shows the problem with judging a hotel based on a single stay.

Trip1: When I checked in it seemed to me me that I was bothering the young lady at the desk just by being there. I had asked for a ground floor room near the guest laundry but was informed that I couldn't have such a room because I had booked a promotional rate. (True, I had a good promotional rate.) I saw that there were lots of unoccupied ground floor rooms available that night. These promotional rates are a good way for a person to try a new place and maybe come back based on a good experience. I wouldn't say that the check-in lady was unfriendly, but she certainly didn't welcome me.

The room was big enough but had an odd setup. Between one of the beds and the A/C unit was a low table approximately 63cm x 63cm. There was no room to walk between the bed and the A/C unit to get to the chair in the corner or to close the drapes without climbing over the table or the bed.

I found the room to be exceptionally clean. The guest laundry was spotless, but unfortunately there was only one washer and one dryer.

Trip 2: This was a much different experience. I was welcomed warmly when I checked in and I didn't find the bed/table arrangement that I had on the first trip.

On both trips the check-out person was friendly and encouraged me to come back again.

The breakfast was excellent and was in a connected restaurant rather in a small room off the lobby. There were freshly made hash browns and real scrambled eggs rather than the egg patties (probably frozen and reheated) that I find at many Choice Hotels properties.

The area outside the hotel is very noisy with many trucks passing by on Warrenton Road. However, my rooms were quiet, and I got a good night's sleep each time.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo