“nice visit”

Ranked #20 of 42 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Surfside Beach, South Carolina
“nice visit”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Great for a one night stay,.Clean room, basic room, no frills but was not looking for frills just a goodnight sleep ..close to I-95, Great and friendly town for a stop over on our way to New York. The hotel staff was Frriendly and courteous!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sugaf

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Florida
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Easy off i95. reasonable rooms. Acceptable breakfast. 2nd stay here. Would do it again while traveling. The night desk clerk, andrew (?), a young man from england was above and beyond in service. AUi
Road full of other cheap hotels

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank DHuntCT
Culpeper, Virginia
Reviewed 10 November 2013

This is my second stay at the Quality Inn in Fredericksburg VA, and it is just as good as the first one! Room is perfect! I got here early today 11/10, and my room wasn't ready but Bonita was working the front desk and she took care of everything! I went out for lunch and by the time I got back the room was ready. Thank you Bonita!

Room Tip: A must stay, close to route 95 close to shopping and restaurants!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
United States
Reviewed 14 September 2013

It is what it is, clean, inexpensive, and comfortable when doing the I-95 thing. It's right off the highway and could be considered noisy, but I received a good night's sleep in a comfortable bed. The room is basic, but clean. Great for a one-night stay when traveling, but that's about it.

The staff members were friendly, helpful, and courteous, with Anthony especially considerate upon arrival. The complimentary breakfast, although basic, was surprisingly good. There is a Starbucks across the street in the Target for those seeking premium coffee.

The total cost with tax and a AAA discount was less than $60 for a single. Nice. I'd stay here again on a road trip...no doubt.

Room Tip: A second floor room would definitely be more quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank TheCosmicTraveler
Virginia
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I enjoyed my stay here. I had a nice, large room and loved the hotels location. My only issue was inability to connect to the internet. I tried all weekend and could never successfully get on. When I asked the desk they said they were't sure what was going on, perhaps the weather. (It was raining.)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank AmbersM0mmy
New York
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This place needs some serious outdoor renovations. We arrived with our 2 dogs and checked in. The clerk was pleasant. Upon entering the room We noticed a really bad odor. I called the desk clerk who told us to come back down and would change our room. as a rep of the hotel she did not issue an apology for the room smell which was warranted in my opinion.
That said, we got a newer room that was fine. If we did not pay a low price on hotwire I would be disappointed. I guess you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Ask for a newer room
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank smedly16
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights for a friends wedding in Stafford. Upon arrival we were informed that the lobby was going to be under construction for the rest of our stay, so in order to eat breakfast we would have to go to the hotel right next door. I'm glad they let us know instantly and it really was not that much of an inconvience. When we entered the room the first thing we needed noticed was the unmistakable smell of cigarettes even though our room, and I thought the whole hotel, was smoke free. The beds, towels and bathroom were all clean. The carpet was dirty, I really didn't feel comfortable walking around barefoot. We stayed here because it was one of the few pet friendly hotels in the area, but if we ever come back to the area without the dog we'd find somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed July 2013