“Legit thought I was going to be murdered here”

Travelodge Fredericksburg
Ranked #40 of 41 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

The title about says it all. I booked this room because it was cheap and on my way to the Outer Banks. It seemed a little dingy, but I'm really just looking for a place to crash, so if it's cheap and safe, I'm in.

The fact that the cashier is behind a locked door "from dusk till dawn" was my first tip that my life is worth more than the $30some dollars the room cost. The second tip was the drug deal I'm pretty sure I saw. Finally, when I saw how secluded my room was, I left and drove ten minutes away to stay at a Comfort Inn.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank KateMc798
There are newer reviews for Travelodge Fredericksburg

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I pick this hotel because it was cheap. The room was a little worse-for-wear but clean. What appeared to be a school party were staying at the hotel which made it very noisy. This is probably the worst Day's Inn I've stayed at and definitely needs a refurbishment.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Reserved the room prior to arriving - staff would not accept a change of payment type once we arrived. Room was okay - I didn't look too closely at it because I didn't want to find somewhere else to stay. Bathroom was not as clean as it could have been - the shower was bad enough that no one in my party would use it. Carpet didn't appear to have been cleaned recently. Not enough towels were provided for the size of the party. In the morning, there was no real selection of food for breakfast - we went elsewhere. The morning staff evaded responsibility from customers asking why things were as they were. It was obvious that the staff had their children at work with them. The whole place felt grimy and vaguely dirty.

1  Thank mhhd60
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I have stayed at several hotels in my life and this was by far the worst place that I have every stayed. I thought that from the moment we pulled in that it was going to be an interesting stay, needless to say didn't think it was going to be as bad as it actually was. When we went to register (about 11:30 Pm) the doors were locked, so we had to go around to the side window. The guy at the check- in counter turned around every time he went to say something to me so we could hardly hear what he was saying, yet alone be able to understand him. I was traveling with my aunt and 2 of my cousins. When we first walked into the room ( room 109) it was very dirty. My youngest cousin went in to the bathroom and comes out and she says that the toilet would not flush. I went in the look at the toilet and noticed that there was not water in the back of the toilet. So we tried to fill the back of the toilet up with water and see if it would flush. The water was just running out of the toilet and would still not flush. The toilet was not even anchored to the floor( so when you were sitting on it and moved just a little the toilet almost fell over. The shower was dirty. When we went back to the window to complain about the issue the guy at the desk once again turned his back on me when he stated talking. We told him about the toilet and his response was that we could go in and use the one in the by the check- in counter. Problem is that the doors don't get unlocked until dawn and we had to go then. When we asked about changing rooms we were told that they had no other rooms. We then went back to the room and took the covers off of the bed and found that there were crap stains on the sheets (which were not fitted sheets). There was also hair on the sheets and pillows. The pillows didn't even have pillow cases on the pillows. There was also blood stains one of the pillows. That was only the first bed. The second bed had wholes in the blankets and there was something crunchy in the blankets. After complaining about everything and being told that they had no other rooms we ended up going to Wal-Mart ( at 1 in the morning) to buying air mattresses and pillows and pillow cases just to be able to sleep that night (spending almost $100. While we were at Wal-Mart we called the ones who were back at the room and they said that there was a cockroach on the floor. We then got back we got the air mattresses blown up and tried to get some sleep we were unable to sleep just from the thought of what we have already gone through in the couple of hours we had been there. We were unable to use any of the blankets that were on the bed so we ended up covering up with out beach towels. When we got up in the morning we got out of there as soon as we could. We were suppose to stay another night but we got a room at a different place the next night. I was so dirty that we didn't even dare to use the water to brush our teeth so we ended up buying crest toothbrushes to brush our teeth. I would not recommend this motel to my worst enemy. It was the worst time of my life. DONT EVER GO THERE.!!!!!!!!! The best thing about our room was the ac and that wasn't the best.

2  Thank 969Unhappycustomer
Reviewed 23 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 20 June 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
1  Thank Dan B
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Older motel has seen better days. Exterior of building and grounds not appealing. For a one night stay along I-95 OK for the money, but I would not make this a stop with family

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple