Americas Best Value Inn - Fredericksburg North
US$87
US$85
Travelocity
Great 4.5/5
All reviewscontinental breakfastroom was cleancoffee makerwaffle house across the streetworked finemini fridgeoatmealfront desk clerknon smokinga great staythe wi fihotel roomchecking inbed and pillowswould definitely stay here againfirst floortv
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Tis an offbrand hotel chain, without all the creature comforts of a Holiday Inn. Basic room, with comfy beds, a light breakfast bar, and so-so wifi. Recently renovated the rooms look good and are kept very clean. Don't let the motl appearance deter you. It is a decent clean place with comfy beds.

My opinion, 4 out of 5 stars.

Friendly Staff
breakfast = cereal (Hot and cold) donuts danish bagels, coffee.
Right on main route close to 95 (less than 1/4 mile)
Great prices.

Room Tip: The Queen size bed rooms have Wide Screen TVs. the Double Bed Rooms have original 4:3 tv.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Adrienne A, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Fredericksburg North, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2014

Dear Gary U,

Thank you for sharing a review with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our comfortable beds. We hope that you stay with us again or at another one of our Americas Best Value Inns located across the Country.

Regards,
Adrienne-Front Desk Manager
Americas Best Value Inn-Fredericksburg North, VA

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Was looking at hotels online to stay for a night with my boyfriend who came for a visit. I was attracted to this one based on the price (about $45/night) and mostly positive reviews. We arrived right around midnight and the lady at the front desk was very friendly, checked us in quickly and told us how to find our room. Going into a cheap motel room, one never knows what to expect, but upon turning on the lights, we were pleasantly surprised. Our king bed room was on the small side, but not too small. It was clean, the furniture was in good shape. Room came with a TV, microwave & fridge as well as a desk plus a loveseat w/ coffee table. They also have free WiFi but we didn't have our computers with us, but my phone connected right up and worked fine.
The shower and bathroom area was cleaned and looks to be well maintained. We had a slight issue with the toilet running once or twice, but a jiggle to the handle resolved that. Showerhead had nice water pressure to it and the towels they provided were actually quite fluffy and absorbent.
The king bed was found to be very comfortable, we both actually slept quite well. We did not have any issues with noise from other rooms or from outside sources.
Overall, it was a good experience. Granted, this is by no means a high class joint, for the price point, it was very nice and I would definitely stay here again. Check out was just as quick and easy as checking in.
The only negative I could maybe mention was that I wish they had more parking along the sides of the building where the rooms are. We ended up having to park up near the lobby and our room was upstairs at the far end of the motel. The stairs and some parking areas were pretty icy, but the front desk attendant had given us a heads up. There was ice melt visible, but given the recent weather conditions here, there's only so much you can do about that. Only other negative thing would simply be the location. It is conveniently located off of Route 17, across the street from a good Waffle House, but you have to go to the next light past the motel and make a u-turn in order to get to them (we found this out the hard way).

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gleanna T

Dear Gleanna T,

On behalf of the management team of Americas Best Value Inn, I would like to personally thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am thrilled that you enjoyed our clean rooms and friendly service, quick and easy checkin, and water pressure in our showers. We hope that you stay with us again sometime!

Regards,
Adrienne-Front Desk Manager
Americas Best Value Inn-Fredericksburg North, VA

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Stopped on a Friday night with my reservation not confirmed due to my credit card thought was fraud. They had saved my room despite full and no other vacancy. In addition we were lost, called and friendly staff directed me, telling me where I WAS! It was inexpensive but well maintained and very nice for the money. It was probably older hotel but rooms revamped and nice. I felt I got my moneys worth and then some plus is very close to many eats.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tony F
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Friendly staff made check-in a great experience. (Check-out was good as well). Clean and well-maintained room with a comfortable bed. Continental breakfast helped start off the next morning. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I prefer the second floor because of the outside entrances; west facing so you don't get the sun blasting into your room first thing in the morning.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I have stayed at several America's Best Value Inns, and with only one exception, I have been pleased. This motel was in the 'win' column. The location was great, just off I-95, but without the traffic noise. The room was incredibly clean, although it smelled strongly of Mr. Clean for a while. The beds were comfortable, and the AC/heater worked well. In the morning we helped ourselves to the continental breakfast, which was pretty good. I liked the flavored coffee creamer choices. The price was great, and the staff was pleasant. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple