“Graduation weekend continues..”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Fredericksburg
Ranked #17 of 41 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed 11 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed on night at this hotel to be closer to family.
Once again I was pleasantly surprised at how nice this chain is.
Staff was nice, rooms were clean.
The fridge & microwave is an added bonus.
Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed 25 April 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights while we toured Fredericksburg and the Mary Washington campus. We thought we'd have 1 more guest, so we requested a room with the roll-out couch. This was a terrible mistake. Number 1, we wound up not needing it. Now for the fun - secondly, those rooms are at the end of the hall, near the side entrance (which IS convenient if you park at the side door). That door is the one that they drag the garbage cans out to their dumpsters at at around 6 in the morning. Between the noise of the cans dragging, the slamming door, and the clanging dumpster, on a day we could've slept in, we had no chance. Now for the good - when I brought that to the front desk's attention, she had to have apologized a dozen times, cancelled our room, and had them clean a 2nd floor room for us immediately. We moved up there for nights 2 and 3 and slept peacefully (until an inconsiderate guest was slamming doors on another sleep-in morning - that's not the hotel's problem, though). The breakfast here leaves a LOT to be desired, and they'll start packing things up long before breakfast's over, so don't dawdle, or you'll be looking elsewhere!! Cleanliness & comfort of the room was fine - our only room issue was that the fridge didn't work when plugged into the microwave like they did, so we had to move things around and plug it into the wall. It was a noisy fridge as well. Overall, we'd stay there again!

Room Tip: 1st floor rooms near the back side entrance will be awoken by the sliding garbage cans, slamming doo...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2013

It was late and I was hoping for a room and a good price. A person at the front desk was very nice. Very personable. She was very patience with me... Breakfast in the morning at the hotel was better than I could remember. I have stayed many hotels with a free breakfast. This one ranked one of the best. The room was spotless, TV channels was good. I could not find any flawed. Next time, I go to Myrtle Beach, I will stay here again.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

Stayed there one night on our way home from Florida. It had been a long day, lots of traffic and 16 hours in the car. The front desk staff including the manger were very rude. There was also no parking available due to a tractor trailer parked sideways and taking up 9 spaces. The manger told us to park next door at friendly's. There was also a broken refrigerator in our room that made a loud noise all night. Beds were comfortable, bathroom needs work, rust all over the tub. Overall, it probably would have been ok if we didn't encounter the very rude manager. There is a hampton right next door that we also stayed in, I would recommend that one

Reviewed 17 March 2013

I stayed at this hotel March 16-17 for my daughter's soccer tournament. To start, I will begin my review the way I always do: I am a hotel snob with a middle class budget. I review hotels like I am looking to buy a house. Generally speaking, regardless of the class of hotel, I do not enjoy them. But I understand that hotels are a part of life, so I am realistic about my reviews. This hotel, especially for the price ($96 for a night) was a very nice experience - for the most part.

Customer Service: This is where this hotel gets the highest possible score. Samira (the general manager) and Chris (the front desk attendant) provided a level of customer service that I have not experienced in a very long time. Here's why: The hotel has only three floors. I detest sleeping on the first floor, but I did not request a higher floor when I reserved a week prior. In addition, I got to the hotel at 10:30 am on a morning when the hotel was sold out the night before. They not only quickly got a room clean for me and checked me in y 11 am, but they also spent 15 to 20 minutes moving guests around who were scheduled to check in that day, just so I can get a room on a higher floor. And they genuinely seemed not to be alarmed by my demand. I was very impressed.
The room: It was quite modern, with updated furniture. It came with a small refrigerator as well. I stayed in the room with my wife and two kids but I didn't feel as if the room was over crowded. Mattress was a little soft for my taste but my wife slept well, so it's a matter of opinion.
The Lobby: It's small but it is well kept with decent furniture. It is a nice place to relax after a long day and has a nice gas fireplace. There is a small indoor pool that people seemed to enjoy as well and there's a place to buy snacks. The exercise room is small (two pieces of cardio equipment, a few dumb bells). There is a washer and dryer on the first floor as well.
Cleanliness: This is where I have minor complaints, but there was a soccer tournament in town so there were a lot of kids. But still, they could have done a little more. The two trash bins in the eating/common area were overflowing a few times during my stay. The elevator was small and a bit messy and the common bathroom on the first floor could have been a bit cleaner. But again, to be fair, it was a very busy weekend for the hotel. But they knew it was going to be busy so they should have been prepared and had a person cleaning those areas and removing the trash a little more often. I would imagine on a normal week day or weekend this would not be an issue.
Food: Breakfast is free and what you would expect. They have two waffle makers (some hotels only have one and I hate that because of the wait), eggs, and an assortment of cereals and muffins. The orange juice did not taste good in my opinion. But everything else was fine.

There is also a Friendly's Ice Cream restaurant about 25 yards away, which makes it easy to have a desert at night. The hotel is also a short drive to the main area of Fredericksburg, which has plenty of standard retail stores, restaurants and sites to visit.

Overall: I recommend this hotel. It doesn't allow pets (unlike some of the nearby hotels), which I like, as my daughter has pet allergies. Plus, pet friendly hotels are just nasty in my opinion. I would stay here again without hesitation.

Reviewed 4 March 2013

Three star is because of the beds - the room is clean, but on the downside the beds are only ok, could be replaced, sagged when we sat on them. We slept but have had more comfortable beds most anywhere else. The room was very large and there would be room for a loveseat or more furniture but there was just one very small chair in the corner besides the normal room furnishings.

Great that there is a mini fridge and micro in the room. There are three restaurants, including one on each side of the hotel that make this a very convenient location. We were traveling and it was a nice surprise to be able to walk over and get something to eat having to drive, after we had been on the road all day.

The front desk and housekeeping staff are wonderful, friendly and helpful. Having a free breakfast was a big help in getting us quickly back no the road the next day. Microwaveable breakfast sandwiches were good. Dining room staff very helpful as well.

If the beds were better would be 5 stars

Room Tip: Lower numbered rooms are furthest from the busy road. We had no noise from the roadway, we were on...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2013

We were first greeted by a friendly desk clerk who wanted to be sure we were happy. The room was very clean, bed comfortable, and the shower in the bathroom even had one of the rods that swings out to give you more room. In the morning, the desk clerk gave us maps to get to some sites we wanted to see, and was just very helpful. The breakfast area was very clean and well stocked, with a woman to make sure it stayed that way. There was fresh fruit, etc. We enjoyed our stay. It is a great value for the price.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends