“Perfect” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 42 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Abingdon, MD
“Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

This was an unscheduled stop on my way north from FL. I was going to try to push it through in one trip, but was exhausted. I ended up playing it safe and stopping here to crash. I didn't have a reservation, but went in and she had me up in my room so fast. Front desk was extremely personable and nice for as groggy and exhausted as I was. Room was in perfect condition, extremely clean. Slept like a baby and was refreshed and ready for my trip home the next morning. Took advantage of their wonderful breakfast, too ;) As far as location, Fredericksburg is a great place. I didn't get to tool around as this wasn't a scheduled stop, but from the looks there are so many shops, places to eat and so one. Felt very safe here, as well.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Elizabeth B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Cross Junction, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

This inn is typical of Fairfield Inn's these days, which is a good thing - At the low end of the Marriott chains, along with Townplace Suites, I now find Fairfield Inns consistently clean inviting and with a fair number of amenities (they were always clean, but used to be notably lower in terms of furnishing and amenities.

I have stayed here about 5 times in the past 9 months and each time felt welcomed and well treated, with a very clean room and small amenities such as free local papers (in addition to USA Today) so you can catch up on local doings, a little welcoming packet for Rewards members, and free wi-fi. It is one of the oddities of Marriott that the higher end hotels typically charge for wi-fi (though not with higher level Rewards members) and breakfast while the more economical hotels do not.

FYI: This is just a mile off 95 and with nearby restaurants (though the walkable ones are average or below average chains, Friendly's and Hooters - there are numerous good choices within a five minute drive) - Towneplace Suites is just down the street, as an alternative, if Fairfield is full. Paul's bakery is just a few minutes away - a local favorite that merits a stop for donuts.

Room Tip: No 'rooms with a 'view' but I favor upper level floors so you can keep curtains open wit...
Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Donquixote218
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed on night at this hotel to be closer to family.
Once again I was pleasantly surprised at how nice this chain is.
Staff was nice, rooms were clean.
The fridge & microwave is an added bonus.
Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
Newport News, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights while we toured Fredericksburg and the Mary Washington campus. We thought we'd have 1 more guest, so we requested a room with the roll-out couch. This was a terrible mistake. Number 1, we wound up not needing it. Now for the fun - secondly, those rooms are at the end of the hall, near the side entrance (which IS convenient if you park at the side door). That door is the one that they drag the garbage cans out to their dumpsters at at around 6 in the morning. Between the noise of the cans dragging, the slamming door, and the clanging dumpster, on a day we could've slept in, we had no chance. Now for the good - when I brought that to the front desk's attention, she had to have apologized a dozen times, cancelled our room, and had them clean a 2nd floor room for us immediately. We moved up there for nights 2 and 3 and slept peacefully (until an inconsiderate guest was slamming doors on another sleep-in morning - that's not the hotel's problem, though). The breakfast here leaves a LOT to be desired, and they'll start packing things up long before breakfast's over, so don't dawdle, or you'll be looking elsewhere!! Cleanliness & comfort of the room was fine - our only room issue was that the fridge didn't work when plugged into the microwave like they did, so we had to move things around and plug it into the wall. It was a noisy fridge as well. Overall, we'd stay there again!

Room Tip: 1st floor rooms near the back side entrance will be awoken by the sliding garbage cans, slamming doo...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Rochester, New York, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013

It was late and I was hoping for a room and a good price. A person at the front desk was very nice. Very personable. She was very patience with me... Breakfast in the morning at the hotel was better than I could remember. I have stayed many hotels with a free breakfast. This one ranked one of the best. The room was spotless, TV channels was good. I could not find any flawed. Next time, I go to Myrtle Beach, I will stay here again.

Saratoga Springs, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

Stayed there one night on our way home from Florida. It had been a long day, lots of traffic and 16 hours in the car. The front desk staff including the manger were very rude. There was also no parking available due to a tractor trailer parked sideways and taking up 9 spaces. The manger told us to park next door at friendly's. There was also a broken refrigerator in our room that made a loud noise all night. Beds were comfortable, bathroom needs work, rust all over the tub. Overall, it probably would have been ok if we didn't encounter the very rude manager. There is a hampton right next door that we also stayed in, I would recommend that one

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013

I stayed at this hotel March 16-17 for my daughter's soccer tournament. To start, I will begin my review the way I always do: I am a hotel snob with a middle class budget. I review hotels like I am looking to buy a house. Generally speaking, regardless of the class of hotel, I do not enjoy them. But I understand that hotels are a part of life, so I am realistic about my reviews. This hotel, especially for the price ($96 for a night) was a very nice experience - for the most part.

Customer Service: This is where this hotel gets the highest possible score. Samira (the general manager) and Chris (the front desk attendant) provided a level of customer service that I have not experienced in a very long time. Here's why: The hotel has only three floors. I detest sleeping on the first floor, but I did not request a higher floor when I reserved a week prior. In addition, I got to the hotel at 10:30 am on a morning when the hotel was sold out the night before. They not only quickly got a room clean for me and checked me in y 11 am, but they also spent 15 to 20 minutes moving guests around who were scheduled to check in that day, just so I can get a room on a higher floor. And they genuinely seemed not to be alarmed by my demand. I was very impressed.
The room: It was quite modern, with updated furniture. It came with a small refrigerator as well. I stayed in the room with my wife and two kids but I didn't feel as if the room was over crowded. Mattress was a little soft for my taste but my wife slept well, so it's a matter of opinion.
The Lobby: It's small but it is well kept with decent furniture. It is a nice place to relax after a long day and has a nice gas fireplace. There is a small indoor pool that people seemed to enjoy as well and there's a place to buy snacks. The exercise room is small (two pieces of cardio equipment, a few dumb bells). There is a washer and dryer on the first floor as well.
Cleanliness: This is where I have minor complaints, but there was a soccer tournament in town so there were a lot of kids. But still, they could have done a little more. The two trash bins in the eating/common area were overflowing a few times during my stay. The elevator was small and a bit messy and the common bathroom on the first floor could have been a bit cleaner. But again, to be fair, it was a very busy weekend for the hotel. But they knew it was going to be busy so they should have been prepared and had a person cleaning those areas and removing the trash a little more often. I would imagine on a normal week day or weekend this would not be an issue.
Food: Breakfast is free and what you would expect. They have two waffle makers (some hotels only have one and I hate that because of the wait), eggs, and an assortment of cereals and muffins. The orange juice did not taste good in my opinion. But everything else was fine.

There is also a Friendly's Ice Cream restaurant about 25 yards away, which makes it easy to have a desert at night. The hotel is also a short drive to the main area of Fredericksburg, which has plenty of standard retail stores, restaurants and sites to visit.

Overall: I recommend this hotel. It doesn't allow pets (unlike some of the nearby hotels), which I like, as my daughter has pet allergies. Plus, pet friendly hotels are just nasty in my opinion. I would stay here again without hesitation.