Fairfield Inn & Suites Fredericksburg
Econo Lodge(Fredericksburg)
Econo Lodge South(Fredericksburg)
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswafflesfront deskgolden corralusa todayc unitroom was cleanstay there againnight managerflat screenfresh fruitfirst floornext morningsitting areastayed here for one nightstaff was friendlyfridge and microwaveking suite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 June 2013

This was an unscheduled stop on my way north from FL. I was going to try to push it through in one trip, but was exhausted. I ended up playing it safe and stopping here to crash. I didn't have a reservation, but went in and she had me up in my room so fast. Front desk was extremely personable and nice for as groggy and exhausted as I was. Room was in perfect condition, extremely clean. Slept like a baby and was refreshed and ready for my trip home the next morning. Took advantage of their wonderful breakfast, too ;) As far as location, Fredericksburg is a great place. I didn't get to tool around as this wasn't a scheduled stop, but from the looks there are so many shops, places to eat and so one. Felt very safe here, as well.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Elizabeth B
Reviewed 2 June 2013

This inn is typical of Fairfield Inn's these days, which is a good thing - At the low end of the Marriott chains, along with Townplace Suites, I now find Fairfield Inns consistently clean inviting and with a fair number of amenities (they were always clean, but used to be notably lower in terms of furnishing and amenities.

I have stayed here about 5 times in the past 9 months and each time felt welcomed and well treated, with a very clean room and small amenities such as free local papers (in addition to USA Today) so you can catch up on local doings, a little welcoming packet for Rewards members, and free wi-fi. It is one of the oddities of Marriott that the higher end hotels typically charge for wi-fi (though not with higher level Rewards members) and breakfast while the more economical hotels do not.

FYI: This is just a mile off 95 and with nearby restaurants (though the walkable ones are average or below average chains, Friendly's and Hooters - there are numerous good choices within a five minute drive) - Towneplace Suites is just down the street, as an alternative, if Fairfield is full. Paul's bakery is just a few minutes away - a local favorite that merits a stop for donuts.

Room Tip: No 'rooms with a 'view' but I favor upper level floors so you can keep curtains open without folks being able to look in.
Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Donquixote218
Reviewed 11 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed on night at this hotel to be closer to family.
Once again I was pleasantly surprised at how nice this chain is.
Staff was nice, rooms were clean.
The fridge & microwave is an added bonus.
Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 25 April 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights while we toured Fredericksburg and the Mary Washington campus. We thought we'd have 1 more guest, so we requested a room with the roll-out couch. This was a terrible mistake. Number 1, we wound up not needing it. Now for the fun - secondly, those rooms are at the end of the hall, near the side entrance (which IS convenient if you park at the side door). That door is the one that they drag the garbage cans out to their dumpsters at at around 6 in the morning. Between the noise of the cans dragging, the slamming door, and the clanging dumpster, on a day we could've slept in, we had no chance. Now for the good - when I brought that to the front desk's attention, she had to have apologized a dozen times, cancelled our room, and had them clean a 2nd floor room for us immediately. We moved up there for nights 2 and 3 and slept peacefully (until an inconsiderate guest was slamming doors on another sleep-in morning - that's not the hotel's problem, though). The breakfast here leaves a LOT to be desired, and they'll start packing things up long before breakfast's over, so don't dawdle, or you'll be looking elsewhere!! Cleanliness & comfort of the room was fine - our only room issue was that the fridge didn't work when plugged into the microwave like they did, so we had to move things around and plug it into the wall. It was a noisy fridge as well. Overall, we'd stay there again!

Room Tip: 1st floor rooms near the back side entrance will be awoken by the sliding garbage cans, slamming door, and clanging dumpsters around 6AM daily. Beware!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2013

It was late and I was hoping for a room and a good price. A person at the front desk was very nice. Very personable. She was very patience with me... Breakfast in the morning at the hotel was better than I could remember. I have stayed many hotels with a free breakfast. This one ranked one of the best. The room was spotless, TV channels was good. I could not find any flawed. Next time, I go to Myrtle Beach, I will stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family