Holiday Inn Express Fredericksburg Southpoint
Ranked #25 of 42 Hotels in Fredericksburg
San Bernardino, California
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

I couldn't drive any more so pulled off and found this haven. The front desk agent was one of the most positive and friendly people I have ever met. I noticed that he greeted all guests in a welcoming manner. This is hospitality at its best. Clean room. Good location. Plenty of places to eat. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fredericksburg Southpoint, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
It is our goal at the Holiday Inn Express Fredericksburg Southpoint to welcome each of our guests as if they were a guest in our own home. You comments are the seal of approval on our efforts and our entire staff join me in thanking you for your kind words. It was our pleasure to provide you with a safe, clean, convenient and comfortable haven during your journey.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for your recommendation to other travelers. We hope we have won your loyalty.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Ormond Beach, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Holiday Inn Express is usually a dependable stay. Well, not at this one! We checked in late, registration was fine, and our room was OK. (Room 414). I woke at 2 A.M. and the room was HOT because the AC was not working. I phoned the desk twice but there was no answer! When I reported it to the woman (Ukrainian? Russian?) at the desk, she said, "Oh, I'll make a note of that." When I remarked that It was very hot in the room last night without AC, she said "I imagine it would be." No apology....in fact, she didn't even make eye contact. Breakfast was skimpy; the orange juice seemed to be an orange 'drink', not the real thing. We will NOT stay here again, and I will be contacting the owners of this establishment to voice my complaint. There are many other hotels nearby at a similar price.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Two2FortheRoad
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fredericksburg Southpoint, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
While it is never easy to hear that a guest has had a bad experience, we value such feedback as we strive to ensure a positive experience for future guests. Please accept my apologies for the problems you experienced with the air conditioner. We are also disappointed to hear that our service did not meet your expectations. Our staff and management take all guest feedback very seriously and your concerns have been escalated to our corporate team. We never want to hear that a guest chooses an alternate hotel for future stays and we sincerely hope you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations.
Lumberton, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

I called 2 days ahead requesting an early check in as we were traveling 5 hours with my dog and had a scheduled event to attend at 3. We arrived and I went to customer service desk where I had to greet the attendant who looked thrilled to be there. When I told her I wanted to check in she replied "we'll see". She checked and reported back that room was not ready and check in is at 3. I informed her I called ahead for early check in she proceeded to make every excuse in the book as to why our room was not ready including housekeepers called out. I politely said ok when will we be able to check in. She handed me a business card and said nothing else. The funny part is when I walked the dog around the outside of the hotel I saw 6 housekeeping staff sitting outside in courtyard smoking and enjoying the weather.

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank Kelly W
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fredericksburg Southpoint, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Thank you for trusting the Holiday Inn Express Fredericksburg with your overnight accommodations during your recent event in our area. We apologize that we were unable to honor your request for early check-in. We do our best to honor these requests whenever possible and we are sorry we were unable to on the day of your stay. We have a very caring and hard-working staff that go above and beyond to make sure our guests are taken care of. Clearly we were not performing to our usual standards during your arrival and I have shared your feedback with our general manager. We hope that you will stay with us again soon so that we may have the opportunity to exceed your expectations.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on our way to Washington D. C. Left at 8:30 and the morning commute to DC took a little over an hour, but saved us significant dollars. Free breakfast was great and hotel is super clean. Enjoyed our stay and slept great. Nothing bad I could say about this hotel and I am not easy to please.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fredericksburg Southpoint, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
On behalf of the entire Holiday Inn Express Fredericksburg Southpoint team, thank you for being our guest and for taking the time share your experience with other travelers. Your kind words are especially heartwarming coming from someone with high standards for hotels, such as yourself. We truly appreciate your kind words on our convenient location, great value, complimentary breakfast buffet and cleanliness. We hope we have won your loyalty!
RICHMOND
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

This was my second stay at this hotel and it will absolutely be my last. The first time I ran into minor issues, slow check in, my non-smoking room reeked of cigarettes and I had to be moved, the sort of things that happen sometimes and might not have been a reflation on the staff themselves. This time however the staff went out of their way to demonstrate a stunning level of incompetence that made it very clear that this is an institutional problem at this property.

It started with little stuff, I am an IHG Gold Member, and while I was greeted as such, I was offered neither my welcome package nor the alternate option of bonus points. But what really cemented things was the two late phone calls from the front desk, waking me up to ask to keep reconfirming my credit card number because they had mixed me up with another guest with the same first name.

The first call came at 9:30, although I was still awake I was in bed trying to settle for sleep as I had a very early morning the next day. Then a different staff member called again at 10:30, when I had gone to sleep, awakening me to ask for the exact same information for the third time (as I had given it at check-in as well). Who the heck thinks it is acceptable to wake guests in the middle of the night because of their own front-desk screw up?!? A note under the door asking me to come to the desk at my convenience would have accomplished the same thing without interrupting my rest. It was incredibly rude, thoughtless and showed a stunning level of incompetence.

I stay in a hotel in this area for 1-3 nights about once a month for work, I'm a loyal IHG customer, but this place has guaranteed that none of that monthly money will ever come to them again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank MARY B
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fredericksburg Southpoint, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
While it may be very difficult to hear that we have failed to take care of a guest in a satisfactory manner, we very much appreciate such feedback so that we may seek ways to improve future guests' experiences. We pride ourselves in providing the best of guest service to all of our guests and it sounds as if we really missed the mark during your stay. Please accept our sincere apologies. We take all guest feedback and concerns very seriously and will be conducting additional staff training to ensure a better experience for future guests. We never want to hear that a guest selects an alternate hotel for future stays and we hope you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations the next time your travels bring you to Fredericksburg.
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

I loved this hotel! Everything is new, clean, and in beautiful shape. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was very good, and part of the breakfast room resembled a restaurant, with some of the tables next to windows overlooking the indoor pool. The hotel is convenient to I-95 and is part of a shopping center/business park. A number of restaurants are within walking distance. I am particularly happy because this hotel is small pet friendly with a reasonable fee. All in all, this was a real find!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fredericksburg Southpoint, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear PABryan,
It is obvious you have traveled extensively, so a wonderful review like this one from a TripAdvisor Senior Contributor such as yourself means the world to us! Our entire staff take great pride in providing each of our guests with an exceptional stay where everything exceeds their expectations and your kind words are the seal of approval on our efforts.
We are so pleased that our convenient location, modest pet fee and great amenities stacked up to be a great value for you.
On behalf of the entire Holiday Inn Express Fredericksburg Southpoint team, thank you for trusting us with your hotel needs. We look forward to providing you with the same pleasant accommodations on your next trip to Fredericksburg.
Warm Regards,
Sarah H.
Guest Relations
Holiday Inn Express Fredericksburg Southpoint
Morgantown, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

This was our second time at 'Southpoint' (the first time it was a Comfort Inn). The hotel was clean, the staff friendly and the room comfortable. Benjamin at check-in was courteous, professional and expedient. Didn't have time to enjoy the pool, so no comment. Breakfast fare was standard, and the 24-hour coffee was always filled. Had to go to the Fifth floor to access one of only two ice machines, and it was obviously the old 'smoking' floor, as soon as you exit the elevator, you can smell the stale smoke. Easy-on, easy-off from I-95 with tons of shopping and dining very close by. Room was quiet and comfortable, bathroom clean and up-to-date. Will definitely stay here on our next trip to Fredricksburg.

Room Tip: Stay off the 5th floor - smells of smoke!