“Nice place to stay for one night.”

Holiday Inn Express Fredericksburg Southpoint
Ranked #20 of 41 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Holiday Inn was an excellent choice after a long 8 hour drive. It's right off I-95. Check-in was a little bit tough because they were waxing the floors in the lobby so we had to enter through a door in an odd place. That gave me an uneasy feeling about the location. Check-in however was a breeze. The room that we had was clean and comfortable and the bathroom is very large. They have 2 different types of pillows for you to choose from and the mattress was wonderful!.
There are several hotels in that area to choose from but I'm glad we stayed at the Holiday Inn. I'll stay there again!

1  Thank Travelgirl2760
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fredericksburg Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Thank you for trusting the Holiday Inn Express Fredericksburg Southpoint for your overnight accommodations while visiting our area recently. We are so glad to hear that you were comfortable during your stay and that you received excellent service from our staff. We hope that your travels will permit a longer visit soon.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I appreciated the rapid check in at front desk. Though I was 3rd in line to check in. The desk clerk Mary was most proficient. I appreciated the attention given to me as I waited. I thought rooms were clean and halls were quiet.

Room Tip: 1st floor no smoking! no hint of any smoking violations.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fredericksburg Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

On behalf of the entire Holiday Inn Express Fredericksburg Southpoint staff, thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to share your recent experience with others. We are pleased to hear you were greeted in a timely and professional manner and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again the next time your travels bring you to our area.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Arrived after 14 hours in the car, Xiushka at the front desk was amazing and a wonderful. She was very helpful and attentive to our needs. The room and everything else thus far has been wonderful as well. Would definitely come back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

It is our goal to welcome each of our guests as if they were a guest in our own home and it is a pleasure to read that you were greeted in that way after your long drive. That you "would definitely come back" is one of the greatest compliments you can give us and we truly appreciate it. We look forward to welcoming you back and hope your next visit is even more pleasant than the last.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

This was recently a Comfort Inn. My family stay here every year on our way to OBX from western Pa. This is The first year when we have stayed there that it was Holiday Inn. We were all impressed with all the changes that we noticed. The rooms were more comfortable, beds and pillows were great, check in was fast and the breakfast buffet was much improved from our last visit. It is directly off the I-95 exit, soooo easy to reach. I recommend this highly!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fredericksburg Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your most recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Fredericksburg Southpoint. It was such a pleasure to hear the reaction of a returning guest upon experiencing our recent upgrades and improvements for the first time. We are so glad that you were impressed with the comfortable rooms, upgraded bedding and improved breakfast buffet. It is our goal to exceed our guests' expectations and it is always a pleasure to hear when we have achieved that goal. We look forward to making your next visit even more pleasant than the last.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I couldn't drive any more so pulled off and found this haven. The front desk agent was one of the most positive and friendly people I have ever met. I noticed that he greeted all guests in a welcoming manner. This is hospitality at its best. Clean room. Good location. Plenty of places to eat. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fredericksburg Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

It is our goal at the Holiday Inn Express Fredericksburg Southpoint to welcome each of our guests as if they were a guest in our own home. You comments are the seal of approval on our efforts and our entire staff join me in thanking you for your kind words. It was our pleasure to provide you with a safe, clean, convenient and comfortable haven during your journey.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for your recommendation to other travelers. We hope we have won your loyalty.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Holiday Inn Express is usually a dependable stay. Well, not at this one! We checked in late, registration was fine, and our room was OK. (Room 414). I woke at 2 A.M. and the room was HOT because the AC was not working. I phoned the desk twice but there was no answer! When I reported it to the woman (Ukrainian? Russian?) at the desk, she said, "Oh, I'll make a note of that." When I remarked that It was very hot in the room last night without AC, she said "I imagine it would be." No apology....in fact, she didn't even make eye contact. Breakfast was skimpy; the orange juice seemed to be an orange 'drink', not the real thing. We will NOT stay here again, and I will be contacting the owners of this establishment to voice my complaint. There are many other hotels nearby at a similar price.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Two2FortheRoad
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fredericksburg Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

While it is never easy to hear that a guest has had a bad experience, we value such feedback as we strive to ensure a positive experience for future guests. Please accept my apologies for the problems you experienced with the air conditioner. We are also disappointed to hear that our service did not meet your expectations. Our staff and management take all guest feedback very seriously and your concerns have been escalated to our corporate team. We never want to hear that a guest chooses an alternate hotel for future stays and we sincerely hope you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I called 2 days ahead requesting an early check in as we were traveling 5 hours with my dog and had a scheduled event to attend at 3. We arrived and I went to customer service desk where I had to greet the attendant who looked thrilled to be there. When I told her I wanted to check in she replied "we'll see". She checked and reported back that room was not ready and check in is at 3. I informed her I called ahead for early check in she proceeded to make every excuse in the book as to why our room was not ready including housekeepers called out. I politely said ok when will we be able to check in. She handed me a business card and said nothing else. The funny part is when I walked the dog around the outside of the hotel I saw 6 housekeeping staff sitting outside in courtyard smoking and enjoying the weather.

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank Kelly W
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fredericksburg Southpoint, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Thank you for trusting the Holiday Inn Express Fredericksburg with your overnight accommodations during your recent event in our area. We apologize that we were unable to honor your request for early check-in. We do our best to honor these requests whenever possible and we are sorry we were unable to on the day of your stay. We have a very caring and hard-working staff that go above and beyond to make sure our guests are taken care of. Clearly we were not performing to our usual standards during your arrival and I have shared your feedback with our general manager. We hope that you will stay with us again soon so that we may have the opportunity to exceed your expectations.