LOVED IT!! Stayed overnight and had a fantastic time. Ate dinner at their downstairs restaurant and then spent a fun night in their pub. Everything I wanted for the night was in one place. The staff is fantastic and everyone very friendly and helpful. I felt very much at home there. I told my husband if I won the lottery I would move the family in and live like this forever. Beautiful inside and out. A very comfortable atmosphere.
ROOM: Gorgeous windows on the front and side streets. I did hear some noise from cars and pedestrians since it is a front street room but it wasn't much and really didn't bother me. Full bed and beautiful linens- Will be staying there again when we visit. I slept well. The sheets were up to standard (I'm picky about bed). Room was very clean! Fully renovated beautiful bathroom. Bathroom very clean!! (I'm picky about clean bathrooms.) Self cleaning bathtub? Yes please. Wonderfully furnished. I felt very happy and comfortable with the room. The Keurig coffee bar out in the hall is a nice touch. You can have a fire if you like made for you before 8 o'clock.
RESTAURANT: Loved it! Kudos to a great chef. I thought it was perfect- the dining room is well appointed, nice table cloths etc but it's not stuffy! Has a very cool vibe. You can eat dinner at the tables, or sit in the comfy leather couches or go outside to their nice street side patio with pretty trees lit with white lights. The menu was nice- I had the scallopini with risotto - yum. My husband had the halibut- very yum too. Had the crab cakes starter- very nice and wonderfully presented. The menu is priced very fairly I thought- GREAT VALUE for the quality. Waitress was friendly but slow once the place became busy.
PUB: Next the pub- GREAT bar tender, Tom. The bar itself is small but you can order drinks and move into the other rooms, sit in the couches or patio.... Lots of locals there, met some nice people. Very fun and festive place.
BREAKFAST: Breakfast was exceptional in the beautiful main floor dining areas. I had french toast- superb. Husband had Kenmore omelet- he is picky about his omelets but his was perfect. The side board with milk, juice and scones, cereals is added nice touch. Good strong coffee too.
Overall, we are going back in the spring when it will be warm enough to sit on front porch and enjoy the outside patio. Can't wait!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in downtown Fredericksburg, the Kenmore Inn (c1793) offers charm and southern hospitality in a beautiful intimate setting. Nine unique and elegantly appointed bedrooms all with en-suite bathrooms await your stay. We offer complementary sherry and bottled water in each room as well as a plated breakfast for each guest in our formal dining room. Located on the lower level of the house we have a European style pub and our garden restaurant & patio serving creative contemporary foods that will please the casual or refined diner. Whether you sit on our front porch swing and enjoy a glass of Inn-made sweet tea, take a stroll to the many historic sites and antique shops in town or relax in the parlor with a good book, the Kenmore Inn is your relaxing getaway. For visitors seeking classic southern hospitality, luxury accommodations and personalized service in a premier location, this Princess Anne Street Inn offers all that and more. Come see why this historic Inn catches the admiring eye of virtually everyone who passes by. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Kenmore Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Kenmore Hotel Fredericksburg
- Kenmore Hotel Fredericksburg