“Great for a night's getaway”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Kenmore Inn

The Kenmore Inn
Ranked #21 of 42 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great for a night's getaway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

Took my mom to the Inn for an early Mother's Day. We loved it; the gals at the desk were friendly, our room was cozy, breakfast was tasty (and included in the price!); however the only complaint it the bathroom. We both wish they could spend a bit of money to redo and update the bathrooms. They are small and worn. The tile desperately needed to be replaced. Other than that, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The Kenmore Inn is exactly what you would expect of an historic inn. Beautiful location!! We would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

Staff was very friendly. Room was clean. Breakfast was fine, nothing special. Room was extremely loud and uncomfortable. If you've ever stayed in a home with radiators, you know they are loud and fire up every 20 minutes or so. Also, everything creaks as it is OLD. We felt like we had to tiptoe around the place and whisper. If I went to Fredericksburg again, I would stay at the Marriott Courtyard. That is a great location. Near everything. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Traveler2387
Westfield, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

We stayed here one night recently on our way from the wineries back to DC. The home is beautiful and well maintained and our room was spacious and clean with a huge bathroom (the Betty Washington). Our biggest complaint was that there was no way to control the temperature of our individual room and on the chilly night we stayed our room was very cold. You could feel the cold air pouring in the old windows, especially in the bathroom. Breakfast was included in the morning and it was very nice, served from the restuaurant in the basement of the house. I would recommend the b&b to friends, but maybe wait for a warmer night or ask for a warmer room!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank ags35
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2013

We really enjoyed Kenmore Inn. We were welcomed warmly to a beautiful room. The tub had seen better days, but was clean and worked very well, so we had no complaints. We really enjoyed sitting in the pub downstairs and had a delicious meal. It was nice to be able to just walk upstairs after dinner. The breakfast was delicious, the setting was gorgeous and Marie was a very friendly and efficient server. We would really like to go back...soon!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

LOVED IT!! Stayed overnight and had a fantastic time. Ate dinner at their downstairs restaurant and then spent a fun night in their pub. Everything I wanted for the night was in one place. The staff is fantastic and everyone very friendly and helpful. I felt very much at home there. I told my husband if I won the lottery I would move the family in and live like this forever. Beautiful inside and out. A very comfortable atmosphere.

ROOM: Gorgeous windows on the front and side streets. I did hear some noise from cars and pedestrians since it is a front street room but it wasn't much and really didn't bother me. Full bed and beautiful linens- Will be staying there again when we visit. I slept well. The sheets were up to standard (I'm picky about bed). Room was very clean! Fully renovated beautiful bathroom. Bathroom very clean!! (I'm picky about clean bathrooms.) Self cleaning bathtub? Yes please. Wonderfully furnished. I felt very happy and comfortable with the room. The Keurig coffee bar out in the hall is a nice touch. You can have a fire if you like made for you before 8 o'clock.
RESTAURANT: Loved it! Kudos to a great chef. I thought it was perfect- the dining room is well appointed, nice table cloths etc but it's not stuffy! Has a very cool vibe. You can eat dinner at the tables, or sit in the comfy leather couches or go outside to their nice street side patio with pretty trees lit with white lights. The menu was nice- I had the scallopini with risotto - yum. My husband had the halibut- very yum too. Had the crab cakes starter- very nice and wonderfully presented. The menu is priced very fairly I thought- GREAT VALUE for the quality. Waitress was friendly but slow once the place became busy.
PUB: Next the pub- GREAT bar tender, Tom. The bar itself is small but you can order drinks and move into the other rooms, sit in the couches or patio.... Lots of locals there, met some nice people. Very fun and festive place.
BREAKFAST: Breakfast was exceptional in the beautiful main floor dining areas. I had french toast- superb. Husband had Kenmore omelet- he is picky about his omelets but his was perfect. The side board with milk, juice and scones, cereals is added nice touch. Good strong coffee too.

Overall, we are going back in the spring when it will be warm enough to sit on front porch and enjoy the outside patio. Can't wait!

Room Tip: Front rooms on the street have a little more noise from cars and pedestrians but have more windows.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

My friend and I stayed at the Kenmore this past week. To be fair, the price is about $25--$50 less than other B&B Inns that offer the same amenities, a suite, fireplace, jacuzzi (in the room), and a full breakfast. The amenities were good, and the room was very clean and beautiful. But the breakfast and general consideration of guests in terms of hospitality could use a lot of work. The room, before and after the fire died out was cold. We had to move a small heater around the suite to warm up the rooms as we went along. With a restoration or modernization of the place--it would help with these problems. The huge windows were not double paned, for example. We could also hear EVERYTHING from adjoining rooms, and they had a rock show playing downstairs until very late that we could hear.

The breakfasts were between almost-warm and cold, and Very small. The toast was rock hard and cold. We had to ask for things three times, by walking to the back to find the waitress. When we did, she was having a very serious, intense conversation about guests who had complained about the Inn with I'm guessing the owners or manager in an office, connected to the dining room. We could hear the entire conversation as we were eating breakfast, and it was awkward and uncomfortable for us. The staff, in general needs to be professionals, and the Inn is not personable or hospitable because of this. I do have to say, though that the front-desk young woman was very helpful in helping us find a restaurant to eat at. But we realized as we left, NOT ONCE did anyone ever ask us how we were doing; if we needed anything; or were we satisfied.

BUT to be fair, the jacuzzi was first rate. And I think if we were a couple madly in love, the place is perfect. (expect for the small food) It is a place where you can have a romantic time with a jacuzzi in the room, a fire, and a big bed....and even better if you're a partier or young person and want to rock out downstairs before coming back up to your romantic room. People leave you alone, and it is a beautiful inn...just not functional for all purposes.

Room Tip: Go if you're madly in love with your partner and want to have a sexy time where everyone leaves...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013

I took my daughter and granddaughter to The Kenmore Inn for her 5th birthday. I was surprised that they did allow children as some BnB's do not. We stayed in the 2 Bedroom suite which was huge! It had a fireplace and a jacuzzi tub in which we all three piled into with our bathing suits after a wonderful dinner at the Capital Grill just a few blocks away. I highly recommend the Capital Grill for beer selection, martini's and most of all the food was exceptional. The rooms and linen's were exceptionally clean and comfortable. The Innkeepers were very nice and accommodating as I changed my reservation dates several times because of travel issues. The breakfast was very tasty and a nice surprise that you could order from a menu to choose what you want. I would definitely stay here again and look forward doing so and eating in the restaurant or pub that the Inn has downstairs.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family