I will begin with the positive--our room was clean, quiet, and comfortable, and affordable. Our experience on this one night trip, however, was less than positive. When we arrived, the place seemed deserted. We walked around until we found Mary at a desk in an office. Upon check-in, she asked if we were on business. We told her "no", and she promptly told us we would be charged an extra $20 because we had been given the "business" rate. We told her we made the reservations over the phone in February and were offered the "business" rate by the reservation clerk even though we were up front and told the clerk that we would not be staying at their hotel for business reasons on this particular trip. We produced the e-mail confirmation we had received, and Mary curtly took the e-mail, looked at it, and threw it in the trash. She said she would give us the business rate "this time," but next time we would have to pay the regular rate because the hotel couldn't make any money if they gave everyone the business rate. We were told breakfast was served starting at 7:30, and we were glad because we had to leave early to catch a flight at Dulles. However, at 7:35 a.m., the dining room was dark, and there were no signs of life. There wasn't even any fresh coffee. Since it didn't look like breakfast was anywhere close to being ready, we had to go ahead and leave. We would not consider staying at this establishment for business or personal reasons in the future due to its unwelcoming atmosphere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in downtown Fredericksburg, the Kenmore Inn (c1793) offers charm and southern hospitality in a beautiful intimate setting. Nine unique and elegantly appointed bedrooms all with en-suite bathrooms await your stay. We offer complementary sherry and bottled water in each room as well as a plated breakfast for each guest in our formal dining room. Located on the lower level of the house we have a European style pub and our garden restaurant & patio serving creative contemporary foods that will please the casual or refined diner. Whether you sit on our front porch swing and enjoy a glass of Inn-made sweet tea, take a stroll to the many historic sites and antique shops in town or relax in the parlor with a good book, the Kenmore Inn is your relaxing getaway. For visitors seeking classic southern hospitality, luxury accommodations and personalized service in a premier location, this Princess Anne Street Inn offers all that and more. Come see why this historic Inn catches the admiring eye of virtually everyone who passes by. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Cancelon so you can book your The Kenmore Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Kenmore Hotel Fredericksburg
- Kenmore Hotel Fredericksburg