“Relaxing Southern Comfort”

Ranked #21 of 42 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Rockville, Maryland
“Relaxing Southern Comfort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

The Kenmore is located in the historic district of Fredericksburg. Many beautiful homes surround the inn - shopping and restaurants are within walking distance. The inn itself is absolutely beautiful - common areas as well as the rooms. Their restaurant downstairs - has an amazing chef -delicious meals in an intimate atmosphere. I highly recommend the Kenmore for a great getaway. Perfect for weddings and receptions.

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful. It is a quite place - but side and back rooms are away from the beat of the...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Scott P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Westfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I highly recommend the Kenmore Inn to anyone looking to make the most of their trip to Fredericksburg, or anyone just looking to stay somewhere elegant on a weekend getaway. The staff are very polite and personable, and the house itself is beautiful with authentic and immaculate architecture dating from the 19th century. While breakfast was delicious, dinner in their tavern downstaires was excellent with quality food and a wide selection of drinks. Historic, clean, and classy, the Kenmore Inn in my opinion rates among the best bed and breakfasts in Virginia. I would not hesitate to recommend this place to anyone looking to experience the most of Fredericksburg or their vacation.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Martin U
Delray Beach, FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

I stayed at this property for two nights last week, a Wednesday and a Thursday. On both nights there was so much noise that it permeated my room all evening (till 10pm) - one night was a wine dinner (right below my room) and one night a jazz band. When I get home from working all day I look forward to a quiet evening, which I did not have. Next time I will stay elsewhere. Also, the internet connection never worked. I had to walk 2 blocks to a cafe where I could hook up. I tried with 3 different devices. They all worked at the office where I was working and at the cafe, but not anywhere in the Inn.

Room Tip: Do NOT accept a room over the dining room if there is a special event during your stay.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Patbro
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

My wife and i recently took a weekend trip to DC mid March. We chose to stay at the Kenmore, to avoid the hassle of the big city. We are from Charleston SC, so we thought Fredricksburg would suit us well. We were not disapointed. Wonderful city, but The Kenmore stole the show. We stayed in the Mary Washington Suite. The house creeks and sqeeks as a 100+ yr old home should. If you want silence, stay at the Hilton. That said, the staff was great! John was the innkeeper for most of our stay. He was great! He gave great advice for traveling in to the city, he was there for anything we needed all weekend. I wondered if he even went home. Best of all, we were greeted with a smile every morning and evening when we returned! We chose to eat breakfast at the inn and it was great! French toast or biscuits and gravy are highly recomended. The Keurig is very handy to have on hand at any hour.. Not to mention the great live music we got to hear resonating from the bar downstairs in the evenings! To wrap up, if you are wondering, stop. This is a wonderful B&B!! We have already discussed our next stay here. We missed a few things in DC so need another trip. We will be staying in Fredricksburg, at the Kenmore!!!

Room Tip: Mary Washington room can be noisy. Pipes in the walls wiggle but it is beautiful!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at The Kenmore Inn. Very clean and comfortable room with adorable decor and friendly staff. We had breakfast as well, which was delicious. Our stay in Fredericksburg was short but we loved every minute. I would absolutely recommend The Kenmore Inn to anyone traveling to the area!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

We spent a day in Fredericksburg, VA, this past week (4-5 December 2013) blessed with perfect weather. We visited many shops on Caroline Street and simply enjoyed walking streets we both had walked in the past but separately.

The Kenmore Inn is perfectly situated for such a nostalgic visit but is equally well positioned for a first...or tenth...visit for everyone. It is a lovely place and within walking distance of many wonderful sights...just the normal homes are unique and lovely.

Rooms and amenities are first-class and quite in line with the surroundings.

My lady graduated from Mary Washington College with it, and UVA, were both decidedly non-coeducational and smaller. We wanted to stroll the campus but once she realized it had no resemblance to it's origins, that quest dimmed for us. We drove by and it was clear that it was now a different place but still likely to be wonderful.

The Kenmore Inn was such a perfect place for this first return to once familiar territory.

Room Tip: The Rose Parlor, while small, is very nice.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Grant G
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

A recent trip to Washington DC was waylaid because of the shutdown. We rerouted a week to spend in historic Virginia. Our first stop was the Kenmore Inn, a historic location which was originally built in 1747, relocated, burned down and rebuilt in 1824, We arrived late but got a considerate call from the inn telling us where they would leave our key. After arriving, we went down to the basement and a delightful funky bar. We were hungry and ordered dinner. I am a food critic in San Francisco, so I am always skeptical. The filet mignon was perfectly cook and well seasoned as were the green beans and fingerling potatoes. I would have paid double in SF for this meal. I relished every bite. Shortly after finishing, the chef, Jacqueline (Jacquie) Hartman came in and announced that she had just won a prestigious cooking contest in VA, where Obama's chef was one of the judges. She was delighted. As I got to talking with her, she told me of her 5 course dinner she has at the inn, This month the theme,The Hunt for Red October, featured a dinner of game. She has these special dinners on the 1st Wed. of every month and each one is different and seasonal. We signed up. The next night we went into the formal dining room for the dinner. A long table was beautifully set and 31 people attended, most of them locals. The menu was a classic French Cassoulet of duck, with a French Cote du Py wine pairing; tenderized, fried alligator with plum sauce with a Loire Valley French wine; venison tenderloin with nosisette with white bean puree and a Saint Joseph, French wine; date and cremini mushroom filled rabbit, with Cotes du Rhone, French wine and truffle thyme panna cotta, with a truffle thyme biscotti for dessert. This dinner would have been hundreds of dollars in SF, with the excellent wine pairings but was a mere $60 pp at the inn. Live guitar music accompanied us. The joy of this event was being included in this intimate evening. I felt like I was at a dinner party with friends. Everyone was so friendly and welcoming. As for the dinner, this chef is extraordinary and if you are so blessed to join in one of her dinners, do not miss it.

Breakfast is also included in your stay and I have never had a more perfect omelet by Chef Andrew.The custard french toast is not be missed either.

I don't know about you but when I run into an unusual adventure on a trip, it makes it and this was one of the highlights of our month long trip. Enjoy.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple