“Nothing short of AMAZING”

Residence Inn Fredericksburg
Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed 11 April 2011

My family stayed here on 4/9/11 to 4/10/11, and I can honestly say it was nothing short of an amazing experiance. Everyone on the staff was very customer service driven. It is a bit hard to get too, but it really makes up for it becuase you are within walking distance to many wonderful restruants that are in the mall across the road. It also very centarly located for entertainment. There is a movie theater, and bowling ally within walking distance, and if you have kids with you there is funland and chuckycheeses right across the road! We would stay here again in a heart beat!
When we went to check in we found there had been a mistake when we booked out reservation. Only becuase my hairbrain husband didn't finish it completly. But, the women who was working the front desk went above and beyond what she was required to do when we were not able to find a confimation number. She checked everything she could in the computer and then she went has far as to call the hotels reservation hotline to make sure we didn't have another reservation at a diffrent hotel, that way we didn't get double charged.
Once we got checked-in and got up to our room, we found that she had given us a room that was above anything we thought we might get. It had a full size kitchen, fireplace, small eating area, a master bedroom that was the size of ours at home, and a bathroom fit for a king.
When we were ready to find something to eat, once again the front desk came through with flying colors!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Amber056
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Fredericksburg

Reviewed 4 April 2011

I (and 20 other colleagues) stayed at this hotel for 5 weeks recently. We were so impressed with it that I was moved to write a review, which I've never done before. This hotel really does an outstanding job of providing a comfortable "home away from home".
The rooms are clean and new, the breakfasts and evening "social hour" buffet were great, and all the staff went out of their way to do anything they could for us. I can't imagine a better place to book for a long-term stay.
The hotel is located within walking distance of several restaurants, a movie-plex and bowling lane, and a large indoor mall. The on-site facilities (pool, small workout room, patio w/ BBQ grill, even a small outdoor basketball court) were great. As guests, we were even allowed free access to the Fredericksburg Sport & Health Center, a nearby (full-sized) fitness center. The staff was really friendly (especially Zak at the front desk), and gave us tips for getting around the local area.
The rooms are very nice, some even have fireplaces and full-size kitchens. The only complaint we had was that some of the rooms on the highway side of the hotel had loud traffic noise. Overall, I can't imagine a better place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 March 2011

We have been traveling to Myrtle Beach from New York for many years. We have stayed in some pretty bad places along 95. This Marriot is the best place we have found! Clean, new, friendly, and great location off 95! We left the NY area at 4:30 PM on a Friday night and made it to Fredericksburg around 11:30 PM with traffic- not bad. It is about 6 1/2 hours to the Myrtle Beach area from Fredericksburg- highly recommended!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mak415
Reviewed 22 February 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights over the Presidents Day weekend. Check-in was fast and the front desk staff were very friendly. Booked a one bedroom suite, king bed with a pullout sofa. Room was very clean, which is an absolute must for me. Was impressed that there was a white Marriott quilt included in the linen package for the pullout bed. Usually, you get a fleece type blanket only. Pullout sofa beds are never really comfortably, but my 7 year old had no complaints. Full kitchen was modern and roomy. We used the indoor pool (nice sized!) and hot tub. Customer service was great. While we were at the pool, we mentioned to a housekeeping staff member that our bathroom door squeaked. He said he'd pass the message on. Sure enough he did. By the time we went back to our room 20 minutes later, someone had WD40-ed the hinges! Our room faced I-95 and you could hear the noise of the highway, although it didn't bother us. The free breakfast was good and plentiful. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank MuppetWrangler
Reviewed 20 January 2011

This is a great new clean property! Checked in around 9:45pm & the front doors were locked, which I found odd since it didn't seem like a high crime area. Had to call & someone came & buzzed the door open. The room was ready but the pack n play we requested wasn't up there but it only took minutes for it to be brought up (vast difference from other properties!). The pack n play had this cover/sheet I have never seen before, it was completely removable & covered the entire pnp! What a great idea, I'm usually really picky about using the hotels pack n plays but it was so late I just wanted to get him to bed so what a relief to know the covers were washable!
The room was clean. The pullout bed wasn't comfortable but really how many are? The breakfast was good.
Staff- the night shift (guessing they were the 3-11 shift) were very nice, helpful & friendly. The guy who came on afterwards & the woman that was on in the morning didnt give a greeting when you walked by- I wouldn't say they were "friendly". The housekeeping staff & breakfast area staff were fabulous- very nice & friendly.

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed 16 January 2011

The only thing wrong with the hotel was unfortunately we arrived late and had to get up and check out early. Generally when I stay in a hotel I wish I would have gone home. If I ever have a need to stay in Fredericksburg there is NO question where I'm staying. All the employees we came in contact with from the front desk, house keeping and the employees in charge of the breakfast went out of their way to say HI and help you. Best inclusive breakfast of any hotel I've been at. I was looking for a cashier because I figured there was no way it included in the price of the stay. You can definately find a cheaper place to stay but It's well worth the extra money.

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed 30 December 2010

We booked the Residence Inn for a Friday night stay to attend a workshop. The weekend rate was unbelievably low -- the same price for a 1-bedroom as for a studio. Furniture was new and well kept up. Service was excellent. A possible drawback is that is is not located downtown, but with all the pluses that was no problem.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business