“Power Problem But Stay Still Nice”

Residence Inn Fredericksburg
Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed 18 January 2013

Stayed another 4 nights at this location. Furniture is a little older, but the hotel for its age is kept up well. I checked out the jacuzzi and it was in great shape along with the treadmills in the exercise room. It is conveniently located next to the mall with plenty of shopping and restaurants to eat at. Service was great and friendly staff. Once again I was on the top floor as requested. This trip however we had a situation one night late (around midnight) when the power went out. The only reason I woke up was t from the clicking sound my heater was making and the room was a little colder. I called the front desk they explained the situation and i crawled back under the covers and went to sleep. ;) The hotel immediately went to backup power which allowed lighting to work still in my room. The outage was no fault of the hotels, and everything went back to normal the next day. Something about the power company, and it was right after Hurricane Sandy which might have been a contributing factor. The elevators were still non operational the next morning. But I take the stairs anyway. I mentioned that to the front desk and went off to work. I would recommend and stay there again even with the hiccup. Thanks for reading. Video on Youtube Channel.

Pros:

- location, location location

- hotel and grounds kept up well
- Jacuzzi & Exercise Room

Cons:

- beds and furniture little older

RetiredArmyRANGER

Marriott Platinum

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Fredericksburg

Reviewed 5 January 2013

Recently stayed at this hotel. It was wonderful. Our room was a 1 bedroom with a fireplace. The room was "Just Beautiful". Thank You.
The lobby is so nice. There is a room that looked like a quiet library/living room . I used that to work on their computer so it was very comfortable. We used the safe deposit boxes available even though everything felt very safe. The market was a nice idea to have as we decided on a little snack so very convenient. Every staff member was very friendly from the housekeeping to the front desk. We did not use the pool or fitness center. I also did not use the outside patio because of the weather but it looked very nice. They breakfast was just ok THe OJ was so watered down one morning, everyone was throwing it out. Next day it was much better. Each morning we ate next to the fireplace near the breakfast tables, so that was really nice. The hotel is behind a mall so nice and quiet even though 95S is close to access it. I would definitely recommend this Hotel!!!!

Room Tip: 1 bedroom with fireplace in the winter time is so fantastic!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jebr2010
Stephanie S, General Manager at Residence Inn Fredericksburg, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2013

Thank you so much for your thoughtful feedback! We appreciate all the compliments and suggestions and the time that you have taken to write them. We look forward to hosting you again on your next visit to the Fredericksburg area! Thank you once again!

Reviewed 2 January 2013

We stayed here on our way home from South Carolina and glad we did. Our 2 bedroom suite was perfect in every way, well provisioned, clean, and generally quiet(see note below). The hotel was hard to find, however, using our GPS, but the location is terrific: close to highway, movie theaters and a great shopping mall. If I had any criticism, it would be the breakfast. We ate at about 8:30 and the place was messy and needing attention. Very long line for waffles, so we gave up. But their orange juice was the best I've ever tasted! Shirley Marie at the front desk was exceptionally friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for specific directions from the hotel staff. Don't rely on your GPS! Our room was on the...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 November 2012 via mobile

In our previous stay this year we had been disappointed by the lack of a decent breakfast tea and made it known in our review. We were contacted directly by management quickly that they would correct the situation. Well on our recent two stays here that was in indeed corrected as there were two different black teas in the breakfast area and everything was perfect. Congrats for the excellent follow through and proud to be a Marriott customer!

• Stayed: November 2012

Thank you so much for your thoughtful feedback! We appreciate all the compliments and the time that you have taken to write them. We look forward to hosting you again on your next visit to the Fredericksburg area! Thank you once again!

Reviewed 8 November 2012

We stayed there recently on our way to Myrtle Beach. It is right off I-95 but hard to find, that's my only criticism. However, the place is beautiful, the staff is great, and the location to restaurants, etc. is great.
There is a new outside upscale mall right next that you can walk to filled with shops and very cool restaurants. There is also an indoor mall right there and a huge movie theater.
We loved it and will return.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Stephanie S, General Manager at Residence Inn Fredericksburg, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2012

Thank-you so much for your great comments and suggestions! We appreciate all the suggestions and the time that you have taken to write them! We look forward to hosting you again on your next visit to the Fredericksburg area! Thank-you once again!

Reviewed 5 November 2012

I stayed here over the weekend with my family and everything was going pretty well. Nice set-up, spacious room, cleaned and very inviting. Once Saturday night approach that's when the problem occurred. After a long work day, I just wanted to enjoy some family time by watching movies and playing games. At approximately at 11-11:15pm the power goes out completely. There is no inclement weather outside and every other property surrounding the hotel has power. The generator wasn't any help seeing how the lights continue to flickered on and off throughout the night. The power did not come back on until 3am Sunday morning after everyone was sleep. When I went to check out with my family Sunday morning and asked about any compensation for the inconvenience with the power, I was told their were none. I was told that it the power outage was not the hotels fault and the power company simple screwed up. That explanation would've worked if the front desk agent wasn't stuttering while explaining the situation and if every other surrounding property didn't have power. I understand things happen but as a customer I felted cheated and just wanted a honest answer for the inconvenience. I feel like I did not get a honest answer at all.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

Thank-you for your feedback , we truly appreciate all that we can get! We hope that you will consider us again when you return to the Fredericksburg area.

Reviewed 4 November 2012

Stayed 2 nights while visiting family. Loved the set-up of the 2-room suite. Seemed clean, but upon leaving, while checking behind the bed, I saw behind the headboard and it was disgusting! Tons of dust, grime, crumbs, socks....obviously had never been cleaned behind there.
Housekeeping and front desk staff friendly and helpful. However, the attendants at the breakfast buffet on our 2nd morning had an attitude. Food was NOT GOOD. Don't know what the eggs were made from, but gross. Sausage overcooked and cold. Potatoes cold. The hot food was terrible. All I could eat and enjoy was the yogurt and the fruit.
This just didn't meet the standards for the Residence Inn. I was disappointed, to say the least.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jentsd
Stephanie S, Manager at Residence Inn Fredericksburg, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2012

Thank-you for taking the time to write your review. We do appreciate all of the input and suggestions. Our staff strives to make each of our guests feel welcome and special, we hope that we will be able to make it up to you in the future by providing you with the sevices you require. Thank you again for your review we appreciate that you would take the time to write.