“Clean but had a few issues”

Residence Inn Fredericksburg
Ranked #8 of 41 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed 21 January 2014

My husband and I stayed here on a Friday and Saturday night. The room was clean. The bed was comfortable. The desk clerk very friendly and helpful at check in (I forgot my toothbrush and when my husband went down to ask for one the clerk called him by name!). The toilet in our room leaked and did a "mini" flush about every 11 minutes. The wifi was terrible and although they were responsive to try and fix the problem, it remained terrible for the duration of our visit. We reported the toilet problem on Saturday morning and they sent someone up right away (he wasn't the maintenance man but promised when the maintenance man arrived, he would be sent up to repair the toilet). Apparently that never happened as the toilet continued it's noise making throughout Saturday night. The dining area is small compared to other Residence Inns, so you need to get there early or take your food back to your room. Others have mentioned the noise from the interstate, but that didn't bother us even though our room was on the interstate side. The hotel location was good, near shopping and restaurants. All in all, not the worst place I've ever stayed and not the best...so an average rating.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Ashleigh S, General Manager at Residence Inn Fredericksburg, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear Hudd1,

Thank you so much for the feedback on your recent trip. I am glad our staff was accommodating during your stay. I am sorry to hear that the toilet issue you had while staying with us was not fixed in a timely manner, I have spoken with our Maintenance Manager to ensure this will not happen in the future. And I also do apologize that you experienced issues using the wireless internet in your guestroom, but we have since begun the process of installing a new server to rectify the issue. Constructive guest comments, such as yours, are crucial to assure that we are maintaining the level of quality and service that you expect and deserve. We are sorry that you did not have the experience you were expecting, but hope that you will give us another try next time you are in Fredericksburg.

Ashleigh Smith

Reviewed 17 January 2014

My girlfriend and I stopped at the hotel on our return trip from Florida. The hotel was easy to get to, conveniently located along 95. The hotel is right next to a mall and plenty of restaurants. The room was perfect, and very clean. In attempts to unwind after being cooped up in the car for 11 hours we headed straight for the jacuzzi. The indoor pool and jacuzzi was just what we needed. The previous reviews are right, you can hear the interstate from the room but it is a compromise you make by staying at a hotel right off of 95. The noise was very manageable however and we slept great. The breakfast in the morning (Free!) had a lot of choices from eggs to waffles even made a PB&J sandwich for the road and before we checked out. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling on 95 looking for a clean, safe, and comfortable nights sleep. The location 50 miles out of Washington helps those heading both North and South therefore there is not much more we could have asked of a hotel.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ryan N
Ashleigh S, General Manager at Residence Inn Fredericksburg, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to inform us about your stay. We are striving to provide you with the most comfortable and friendly environment possible. Positive guest comments, such as yours, are crucial to assure that we are maintaining the level of quality and service that you expect and deserve. We look forward to being your home away from home whenever you are in Fredericksburg!

Reviewed 26 December 2013

I was very pleasantly surprised by this facility. It's right on I-95, so I assumed it would be worn by and somewhat abused. Not so! It was very clean, reasonably priced and the staff was very nice. My only complaint is that IS on I-95, and if a light sleeper like me, it may not be a good choice....unless you request a room furthest away from the interstate.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share some of your thoughts about your stay with us, we are happy to hear how pleasantly surprised you were with our property. If you are ever back in the area we hope to serve you again in the future, in a room away from I-95!

Reviewed 22 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel almost all summer long, and the staff members are very friendly and helpful, and the rooms are spacious and very clean. The hotel is located near may restaurants and stores, and has great access to I-95. Overall, an excellent experience, and thanks to all there who have been making me feel at home over the last 6 months.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your very kind words and review of your extended stay with us. We take great pride in the customer service we provide to our customers and when we hit the mark it is very satisfying. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 22 December 2013

Three adults and three kids including the baby on the road. Needed a place with space and an indoor pool. This place was great.

We got a two bed suite which had space for everyone and the travel crib. The mini market downstairs had beer for weary travelers and the staff was great in getting us a little butter for our dinner for the kids. The pool is small but heated to 84 degrees and the hot tub pool was a nice quick treat. We had delivery from Padrinos which was not good. The hotel is located in the back of a large mall which is good for shopping and some dinner options. However, getting here from 17 is brutal with the holiday traffic. There is a cool bowling alley across he street from the hotel which looks awesome. We didn't try but wish we had time. Pillows needed a but more oomph. Other than that, a big thumbs up!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. Your comments are very important to us and greatly appreciated. I am glad to hear that almost everything was to your satisfaction during your recent stay. Unfortunately we cannot control the traffic, but work to make sure that once you get through it there are smiling faces and a warm comfortable room waiting for you. We are currently in the process of replacing all of our pillows and am sure they will have more oomph the next time you stay with us. We value you as a guest and we want to make sure we are meeting your needs and exceeding your expectations. See you next time!

Reviewed 1 December 2013

The whole experience was very nice. The rooms are nice. I like the red walls. But the one thing I thought I need to share was the cleanliness! Our room was never cleaned when we left for the day (even thou we left the extra $$). After a day out from the hotel our room was semi clean.... well the bed was made, BUT the old coffee from the morning was still sitting on the coffee table!!! The litter was on the floor! When we called the front desk, they took the complain but the next day we faced the same situation! NoT really Marriott we are used to.

Room Tip: If you can request a clean room with a good cleaning crew!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Ashleigh S, General Manager at Residence Inn Fredericksburg, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

On behalf of the entire staff, I wish to apologize for not providing you with the experience you have every right to expect when staying at a Marriott property. We regret that your stay was not up to your expectations. This is not typical of this hotel or what we strive to provide. We work hard to ensure that every guest has a great experience, but on occasion, things happen. These cleanliness issues have been addressed with the management and staff in order to minimize such issues in the future. Again, we are sorry that you did not have the experience you were expecting.

Ashleigh

Reviewed 1 December 2013

I was a little less than thrilled to be living in a hotel from July to November of this year, but all bad thoughts went away immediately. The staff at the Residence Inn is beyond incredible. I had the privilege of getting to know most people that work at the hotel and I have nothing bad to say. The food was great, service was prompt, and the room was comfortable. It was home for a while and despite my hesitation at first, it will be missed. Keep up the good work, guys! I'll definitely be back in the future.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for your very kind words and review of your long-term stay with us. We take great pride in the customer service we provide to our guests, and especially getting to know those who are with us for an extended period to help provide a more comforting experience while away from home. We hope that next time you are in our area you will be sure to visit us.

Ashleigh