“Great Place to Stop on the way South....”

Residence Inn Fredericksburg
Ranked #6 of 42 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Yorktown
“Great Place to Stop on the way South....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2011

We have been traveling to Myrtle Beach from New York for many years. We have stayed in some pretty bad places along 95. This Marriot is the best place we have found! Clean, new, friendly, and great location off 95! We left the NY area at 4:30 PM on a Friday night and made it to Fredericksburg around 11:30 PM with traffic- not bad. It is about 6 1/2 hours to the Myrtle Beach area from Fredericksburg- highly recommended!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mak415

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights over the Presidents Day weekend. Check-in was fast and the front desk staff were very friendly. Booked a one bedroom suite, king bed with a pullout sofa. Room was very clean, which is an absolute must for me. Was impressed that there was a white Marriott quilt included in the linen package for the pullout bed. Usually, you get a fleece type blanket only. Pullout sofa beds are never really comfortably, but my 7 year old had no complaints. Full kitchen was modern and roomy. We used the indoor pool (nice sized!) and hot tub. Customer service was great. While we were at the pool, we mentioned to a housekeeping staff member that our bathroom door squeaked. He said he'd pass the message on. Sure enough he did. By the time we went back to our room 20 minutes later, someone had WD40-ed the hinges! Our room faced I-95 and you could hear the noise of the highway, although it didn't bother us. The free breakfast was good and plentiful. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank MuppetWrangler
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2011

This is a great new clean property! Checked in around 9:45pm & the front doors were locked, which I found odd since it didn't seem like a high crime area. Had to call & someone came & buzzed the door open. The room was ready but the pack n play we requested wasn't up there but it only took minutes for it to be brought up (vast difference from other properties!). The pack n play had this cover/sheet I have never seen before, it was completely removable & covered the entire pnp! What a great idea, I'm usually really picky about using the hotels pack n plays but it was so late I just wanted to get him to bed so what a relief to know the covers were washable!
The room was clean. The pullout bed wasn't comfortable but really how many are? The breakfast was good.
Staff- the night shift (guessing they were the 3-11 shift) were very nice, helpful & friendly. The guy who came on afterwards & the woman that was on in the morning didnt give a greeting when you walked by- I wouldn't say they were "friendly". The housekeeping staff & breakfast area staff were fabulous- very nice & friendly.

• Stayed January 2011
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2011

The only thing wrong with the hotel was unfortunately we arrived late and had to get up and check out early. Generally when I stay in a hotel I wish I would have gone home. If I ever have a need to stay in Fredericksburg there is NO question where I'm staying. All the employees we came in contact with from the front desk, house keeping and the employees in charge of the breakfast went out of their way to say HI and help you. Best inclusive breakfast of any hotel I've been at. I was looking for a cashier because I figured there was no way it included in the price of the stay. You can definately find a cheaper place to stay but It's well worth the extra money.

• Stayed January 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2010

We booked the Residence Inn for a Friday night stay to attend a workshop. The weekend rate was unbelievably low -- the same price for a 1-bedroom as for a studio. Furniture was new and well kept up. Service was excellent. A possible drawback is that is is not located downtown, but with all the pluses that was no problem.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
Lexington Park, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2010

I have to say I was so pleasantly surprised by this property I'm going to continue to look for Residence Inns everywhere I go now. The property just passed its 2-year mark, so the rooms and public areas are still in good condition. The room was quite spacious, and we got a remarkable deal ($89/night). It was centrally located to the things we wanted to do, including historic Fredericksburg (such a short drive!), several local wineries, and right next door were two large shopping centers. The front desk staff was friendly and welcoming. The morning breakfast buffet was large, well-stocked, had great hours, and the food was quite good. There was an indoor pool and jacuzzi, and outdoor basketball/tennis/volleyball court, but we didn't use any of those.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2010

This was a retreat weekend for a women's book club. Six members of our group spent two nights and we found the property to be exceptional. We used two 2-bedroom suites which provided enough space that we didn't feel crowded. The distance from Richmond made it easy for one member to return to work and back each day without being burdensome. Your property offers enough amenities that we could easily stay within our budget; i.e the "continental breakfast" was a bonus beyond our expectations. The proximity to a variety of eateries, shopping and entertainment was ideal for our purpose. Staff members were always friendly and helpful. In fact I shared with the front desk clerk that I would be writing a review upon checking out. If there is anything negative we didn't find it with the hotel. Coming from I-95 on Friday at dusk is a bit daunting trying to manuever in traffic in an unfamiliar area. Other than that we had a successful weekend. In fact we've decided to return for next year's retreat. See you in 2011!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business