“DO NOT STAY HERE”

2  Thank Tanzania B
Reviewed 20 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2014

When this was the ramada I came often and always got the same room 238. Very clean rooms and no issues. Since they changed to the Howard Johnson everything went downhill. The room was very dirty. Someones underwear and sock were under the bed. I counted about 7 roaches in the room. It didn't smell cleaned at all. I will never come to this hotel again..... Although I will say that I enjoyed the indoor pool.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

With not knowing ahead of time that this property was under renovation, we selected to stay on a chance, while driving thru VA. The price was worth it. Once renovations are complete, I'm sure this hotel will be the gem of the South again.
The rooms and lobby were extremely dark, and the continental breakfast was to be desired. It was served in the closed restaurant, and the person in charge just told us to go back around into the closed kitchen area and help ourselves.
The rooms were so-so, but certainly needed updated equipment....and more electrical outlets!!!
Maybe once the renovations are complete, and the Howard Johnson brand name is completely on the sign, instead of still Ramada, then it will be worth the price.

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 May 2014

On today's date, 05/16/2014, at approx. 7:30 AM i called the hotel to give them a heads up of my late arrival from NY. I provided my name and said I was calling to "warn" them of my late arrival of 10 to 11 pm this evening. The male (later identified himself as the Front Manager DK w/ ascent) became irate, belligerent and screamed, "who the hell do you think you are to warn me, you are suppose to inform or notify me not warn me!" I tried to explain "warning" is not offensive. I told him that was not the way to talk to customers. He continued screaming, "I don't care who you are" He continued on his irate rant. I told him to look up the word warning in the dictionary. He continued screaming, I asked him his name, he continued screaming and hung up. I tried calling back, they would pick up and hang up. I called hotels.com who were very kind but unfortunately could not change reservation w/o permission of HOJO. The hotels.com rep. contacted HOJO where there would be a full cancellation fee if changed. I called HOJO Costumer Care who said i would have to go through Hotels.com and gave me a complaint#. I would just feel more comfortable staying at another hotel even another HOJO to avoid this ignorant, possibly sexist individual. I booked this hotel some time ago just to sleep because I'm running the Historic Half. I dont have $300 to throw away right now. I feel that HOJO is just allowing someone who represents their company get away with this.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family