“Clean Quiet and Comfortable”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Fredericksburg, VA
Ranked #6 of 41 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Stayed her for nights to attend the University of Mary Washington's open house. Just me and my daughter so I was pleased to see a well lit parking lot. Check in was easy, our room was clean and comfortable. After spending the days at the University and exploring Fredericksburg it was nice to come back to such a comfortable clean and quiet room. Its near plenty of shopping, though that wasn't our thing and there's a lot of near by restaurants. It was only a 10 minute drive to the University and to the historic part of Fredericksburg. Breakfast was great. Eggs, Bacon, Breakfast burritos, Belgian waffles and much more. the area was clean and well stocked. Check out as well was quick and easy. No issues with the Wi-Fi. If my daughter ends up at UMW I'm sure we will be back often.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Stopped here while traveling to North Carolina for Thanksgiving. Clean room, friendly staff, free breakfast, comfy bed. Warning: This isn't the one that allows pets to stay for free. That's just up the road - so they charged us a non-refundable $100 fee. At least they didn't turn us away I guess. Ah well. Live and learn.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Derek H
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I have to give this inn a "5". It was our second time staying here and we were not disappointed. Our check-in went smoothly and quickly. After a long drive, that was so wonderful. We especially enjoyed the coffee and cookies as we got settled in and our little dog loved her dog biscuits. The room was clean and comfortable and the bed was very comfy. It was also so nice to get up in the morning and not have to go out for breakfast. They provided a good variety of food which was hot and tasty. The staff was very helpful and friendly. I was impressed with how clean everything was and even saw one staff member wiping down the machines in the fitness room. This was a great place to stay, especially when traveling with a pet. I highly recommend it and know we will stay here again when in the area.

Room Tip: With a dog, first floor rooms are the most convenient.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We asked for a high floor with a nice view away from the road and were given the 1st floor only two rooms from the road overlooking the parking lot and over the reception area.
When we turned the bed down at 10pm we found that the sheets were not clean and were badly stained. The receptionist offered to bring us clean sheets. There was only one person on site so we had to help to change the bed, pretty poor when you consider we are paying for a clean room.
On our second night when we returned it was clear that the bed had not been made and we were missing some towels. We spoke to reception and were told that we must have left our do not disturb sign on, we most certainly had not and in fact some of the towels had been changed so someone had been into the room.
Two bad experiences and no apology or goodwill gesture from anyone.
This Hotel is north of Fredericksburg and there are only a few restaurants close by, you need to driver at least 6 miles to find any decent restaurants.
This Hotel seems to be run of a low budget basis with hardly any staff.
There are plenty of other Hotels in Fredericksbury so I would certainly not recommend this one.

Room Tip: Avoid this Hotel
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Fredericksburg, VA, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2013

Dear chelmerchick,

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inn and Suites standards.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Bride and groom set aside rooms here for their guests and also arranged for a shuttle to and from the wedding. I had booked a different hotel, but changed hotels for the convenience of the shuttle and because I got a great rate using my Club Carlson card. I found this hotel very clean and quiet. The staff was very helpful. Really enjoyed the free coffee and cookies in the lobby. The hotel I originally booked was further down hwy 95 by Central Park which is a very congested area, so I was glad I changed to the Country Inn in this quieter location. I was thrilled to see a Waffle House nearby and also a Target. No problems parking and breakfast was good. The only problem we had was the day of the wedding we left the room after 12:20 pm. Housekeeping was next door and saw us leave, but when we returned from the wedding that evening, our room was not made up! We had to call the front desk to get clean towels, etc. I don't know when they stop cleaning rooms, but they saw us leave so that was very disappointing. Other than that, it was a very pleasant 3 day stay and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Stayed overnight at this hotel on a road trip from FL to NY. It's just an ok hotel. The staff was nice and helpful, but, our room was not as clean as desired. The linens seemed clean, but, there was a sticky film on the tv remote, phone, surfaces, etc... The staff asked if we'd like to switch rooms and we asked for some clorox wipes which they brought up with incredible speed. Once wiped down it was ok. They said they're trying a new cleaning solution and have received a number of complaints about it. So, I'd hope they'll switch to something else that works. Other than that, it was a decent stay. Average free breakfast, decent indoor pool for our son to enjoy.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We have been traveling between New England and Florida for many years during the Christmas holiday period. This location is a manageable driving distance from either end of the trip so we have been staying at this exit whenever we make the trip. Before this motel was built, we frequented the "suites" hotels nearby and were always just "OK" with the accommodations, nothing that I would recommend, but since it opened this has been the only place we stay and have been very happy. The one comment that you should pay attention to is that the heating/AC units in some rooms can be old so if you are a light sleeper, be aware you might be bothered when the unit starts up during the night. Since we only spend the night and arrive late and leave early, I can't comment on the quality of the pool. I do think they do a nice job with the free breakfast, and they open early so you can grab something and get going in the morning. Very freindly and helpful staff.

Room Tip: Several acceptable restaurants nearby, if you dare to take on the traffic on 95, one exit south has...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family