“Great Location..Very Comfortable”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Ranked #13 of 41 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Having stayed in dozens of Holiday Inn Express properties over the past few years, I have to rate this one at the top of the list. This new (3 years) hotel is conveniently located minutes off of I-95, surrounded by multiple dining and shopping options. Rooms are very clean, without any signs of wear and tear. The staff is friendly and helpful, providing dining suggestions and directions cheerfully. The usual buffet style breakfast is extensive, and very fresh.
I was traveling north on checkout, so an early start helped to avoid the DC rush hour, as the hotel is about 1 hour south of the capital.
I'll definitely add this hotel to my I-95 stopping options.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites

Reviewed 7 May 2014

This hotel is located just off I-95 which is very convenient whether coming from Washington or from the west. It does have very comfortable beds and a great continental breakfast. As others have attested there is a wide selection of restaurants nearby to satisfy any preference. I believe here may be a benefit to asking for a room on the top floor as there seemed to be some noise that was audible from other rooms. Also the plumbing system was noisy in our room as the water 'trickled' from early in the morning likely from the floors above (we stayed on the third floor). Overall, the hotel was convenient, had great food and was comfortable, just a little noisy if you happen to be a light sleeper.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Stayed here overnight for local travel ball tournament. Check in was efficient and the front desk clerk, Preston Coates, was extremely helpful. Out room on fifth floor was quiet, spotlessly clean, and the beds were very comfortable.

The free breakfast on Sunday morning was great - fresh and warm food was available: scrambled eggs, turkey sausage patties, pancakes, cinnamon buns, and more. The breakfast area had more than enough seating and the area was well attended by staff and was kept clean.

Accessing to the hotel was convenient and a few restaurants were within walking distance. A chain convenience store was nearby if one needed to get gas or other essentials.

I can't really find anything that was negative with our stay at Holiday Inn Express on Warrenton Road.

Room Tip: We had room 503. It was quiet, clean, and very comfortable.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I travel often, typically I stay at Hampton Inn but as this Holiday Inn was very close to where my morning business meeting was I decided to book a room. At first glance I was happy with the property and the staff who checked me in. I thought the room was clean and comfortable. However the next morning when I checked out I left behind my iPad and toiletry case. I did not discover this until later in the day. I called the hotel immediately after realizing this and asked if the items had been found. I was informed that the front desk would have to contact the housekeeping supervisor to see if the item was in their safe. After several calls back and forth that evening I was told the item was not found. I expressed that I wished to speak with the manager as when I realized the item missing I tracked it to the hotel area with the iPad application.

After several phone calls the next day and an online message to corporate the hotel manager contacted me. He was aware of the situation and assured me he would investigate. The iPad application has since been turned off and I am unable to track it any longer. I have not heard back from the manager or anyone else from the hotel. I am extremely disappointed in this hotel chain and the fact they they have not followed up with any information. I cannot recommend this hotel chain as I find them lacking in customer service and will never stay at a holiday inn no matter how close they might be to my destination.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear RBB112367,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Fredericksburg, VA.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 25 April 2014

My husband and I were traveling from Florida to NY and stayed in this great hotel. Not only were the rooms large, clean and comfortable, but the message next to the bed was lovely. Food at morning buffet was expansive for a free meal and was neat and tasty, with a unique pancake machine. All the staff was friendly, kind and met us with a smile, even at our midnight check in. I would highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Love this hotel. Very clean rooms, beds were excellent. Their pillows had firm and soft embroidered on the pillow cases. Breakfast was included. Small buffet, but food was excellent. This hotel was a stop over on our trip to Myrtle Beach and back home. We didn't get to see any of the sites in this area. There were plenty of places to have dinner, including Cracker Barrel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Great stop for traversing travelers.
This hotel far exceeded our expectations. Perfect location, great accommodations, rooms are nicely appointed and very clean. The heated pool and fitness room came in handy after a long day of driving in heavy traffic. Staff is extremely cordial and helpful. Within walking distance of the hotel
there are plenty of local stores in the area to frequent. Target is fantastic having everything you need.

Stayed: April 2014