“Excellent hotel for value”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Ranked #12 of 42 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Heathrow, Florida
“Excellent hotel for value”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel for one night in May. Check in and out was quick and efficient. The 2 double bed room was spacious, modern and well maintained. The bathroom was nice and clean. The walls were a little thin otherwise would have rated the hotel higher.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Woodside, NY
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Stopped here on our way home from Florida. The hotel and the room was very nice. We checked the AAA book for it's rating before we stopped and it was good. Also got a break on the price using the coupon in Roomsavers. The only downside was the restaurant next door. It was dark and smokey, and the menu didn't offer much. We usually pick a hotel with restaurant within walking distance, after being in the car all day. We would stay in this hotel again, but look for a different place for dinner. Easy off and on to I-95.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We dropped in sans reservations on a very busy day. The staff were super accommodating, professional, and friendly. The room was very nice and absolutely clean! The motel is close to everything in the Fredericksburg area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Wakefield, Rhode Island
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Having stayed in dozens of Holiday Inn Express properties over the past few years, I have to rate this one at the top of the list. This new (3 years) hotel is conveniently located minutes off of I-95, surrounded by multiple dining and shopping options. Rooms are very clean, without any signs of wear and tear. The staff is friendly and helpful, providing dining suggestions and directions cheerfully. The usual buffet style breakfast is extensive, and very fresh.
I was traveling north on checkout, so an early start helped to avoid the DC rush hour, as the hotel is about 1 hour south of the capital.
I'll definitely add this hotel to my I-95 stopping options.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 7 May 2014

This hotel is located just off I-95 which is very convenient whether coming from Washington or from the west. It does have very comfortable beds and a great continental breakfast. As others have attested there is a wide selection of restaurants nearby to satisfy any preference. I believe here may be a benefit to asking for a room on the top floor as there seemed to be some noise that was audible from other rooms. Also the plumbing system was noisy in our room as the water 'trickled' from early in the morning likely from the floors above (we stayed on the third floor). Overall, the hotel was convenient, had great food and was comfortable, just a little noisy if you happen to be a light sleeper.

Chesterfield, Virginia
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Stayed here overnight for local travel ball tournament. Check in was efficient and the front desk clerk, Preston Coates, was extremely helpful. Out room on fifth floor was quiet, spotlessly clean, and the beds were very comfortable.

The free breakfast on Sunday morning was great - fresh and warm food was available: scrambled eggs, turkey sausage patties, pancakes, cinnamon buns, and more. The breakfast area had more than enough seating and the area was well attended by staff and was kept clean.

Accessing to the hotel was convenient and a few restaurants were within walking distance. A chain convenience store was nearby if one needed to get gas or other essentials.

I can't really find anything that was negative with our stay at Holiday Inn Express on Warrenton Road.

Room Tip: We had room 503. It was quiet, clean, and very comfortable.
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I travel often, typically I stay at Hampton Inn but as this Holiday Inn was very close to where my morning business meeting was I decided to book a room. At first glance I was happy with the property and the staff who checked me in. I thought the room was clean and comfortable. However the next morning when I checked out I left behind my iPad and toiletry case. I did not discover this until later in the day. I called the hotel immediately after realizing this and asked if the items had been found. I was informed that the front desk would have to contact the housekeeping supervisor to see if the item was in their safe. After several calls back and forth that evening I was told the item was not found. I expressed that I wished to speak with the manager as when I realized the item missing I tracked it to the hotel area with the iPad application.

After several phone calls the next day and an online message to corporate the hotel manager contacted me. He was aware of the situation and assured me he would investigate. The iPad application has since been turned off and I am unable to track it any longer. I have not heard back from the manager or anyone else from the hotel. I am extremely disappointed in this hotel chain and the fact they they have not followed up with any information. I cannot recommend this hotel chain as I find them lacking in customer service and will never stay at a holiday inn no matter how close they might be to my destination.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear RBB112367,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Fredericksburg, VA.

Orlando A.