“Thank you for a nice stay!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Ranked #13 of 41 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The hotel was clean and the room was inviting. The bedding was quite comfortable. The rooms were nicely appointed and included every needed amenity. We were given two rooms directly next to each other. The breakfast was delightful, with a server continually refreshing each course; my family loved the fresh warm cinnamon rolls and the coffee was great! Maksumul, the manager, kindly assisted us with our needs. Our thanks to him!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites

Reviewed 18 July 2014

This is the 4th time I've stayed here and I've never been disappointed. The staff is incredible--they go out of their way to make your stay a pleasurable one. The rooms are clean, modern, and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast has something for everyone. If you are looking for a comfortable, convenient place to stay in Frsdericksburg, this is the place for you!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We were able to get a room without a reservation. The rates were decent and the rooms clean and well maintained. The staff were friendly with good amenities nearby. The free breakfast was a plus and had a variety of options. Will stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel rooms are clean. Well equipped with outlets for computer charging. Flat screen TV with sleep timer. Wall mounted thermostat which, I think, keeps the room evenly heated. Refrigerator and a coffee pot which requires a little more info. I was going to make coffee in the room while we got dressed. For some reason I wanted to move the machine but quickly learned the plug was threaded through several layers of shelving. No problem. I could use it where it was but having tried to pick it up I noticed there was some sort of fluid already half filling it. It may have been stale water but had a bad odor. Needless to say, I informed the front desk and they were quite concerned that something like that had occurred and presumably took immediate action to see that it doesn't happen again.

Another thing I think I should share. We were in room 206 which overlooked the strip mall and service station. Guess it was trash day since they visited the service station very early (4 or 5 am) with back up alarms blaring and dumpsters slamming.

Notwithstanding these issues I wouldn't hesitate staying here again since it is convenient and otherwise a nice place. I take the coffee pot as a lesson learned and will check the pot no matter what hotel it is. I would suggest everyone do the same.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank thed3
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear thed3,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased that you found our facility to be clean and well equipped. Please accept our sincere apologies for any trouble our coffee pot may have caused. On the other hand, I am happy that our staff was able to attend to your concern in a timely manner.

I have taken note of your comments including your experience with noise levels. Rest assured that these will be used to consider improvements where possible.

We can't wait to have the opportunity to host you again and provide you with a better stay on your next visit.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 20 June 2014

This is a convenient hotel for gas, food, and driving. Located very nearby is Wawa, Target, & Subway, This is US 17 just off I-95.
Our room & bath were very clean, the beds are extremely comfortable; however the air conditioning unit was hard to adjust. Seems that the room was either too warm or freezing & I love a cold room!
My husband heard Tractor trailer jake brakes at night & he was not crazy about the breakfasts.
I did not hear the noise neither did I eat the breakfast.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor facing I-95. Perhaps another area would be better.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Only spent a overnight stay at this hotel.I had made a reservation in advance.I was running late getting to hotel so I called to make sure late hour checkin was available.I was told that my room would only be held till midnite cause the hotel was completely booked and they couldn't guarantee my room after that.Meantime my reservation was held with a credit card.I felt very pressured to get there in time( which I did). I will say that the room was very spacious and clean.Beds comfortable and computers in business room easy to use.Breakfast was good.Large eating area.Parking was very difficult and had to park in nearby shopping parking lot.Overall a pleasant stay.About 1 hour away from the closest metro station to DC.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I guess it starts with the general manager Mr Hai who was very accommodating to my requests. He tries to make your visit as pleasant as possible. The front desk staff are excellent. Jintea is outstanding and will go above and beyond to make your stay pleasant. Gave me printed directions and recommendations for places to eat. She is both the concierge and front desk attendant. She definitely brings her A game to work and is a true professional. The cleaning staff do a great job and the rooms are spotless. This place is popular and was sold out most nights I was there so book ahead. Thanks again for the great service!!!

Room Tip: I prefer the front of the hotel